Program Change Send issue

Today I was trying to link the preset change of another synth (Zynthian) to pattern changes of my digitone using the midi tracks.
In my case Midi Channel 16, Bank 1, Prog 2 in one pattern and Prog 4 in another.
Now it seams that digitone does not send those programm changes when I switch to the other pattern.
(Yes, PG change send is activated in the sync menue.)
This only seems to work when I put a parameter lock in each pattern and also play back the pattern which I would prefer not to do.

I tried the same thing with octatrack and there it easily worked without those locks and without playing back.

For reference:

The sync menu options are for sending a PC according to the pattern number your on, the PC send channel in the midi channels menu controls what channel those are on. This is useful for syncing a pattern to pattern relationship with other elektrons, but can also work with other gear.

The midi tracks PC is different and unrelated to the sync menu, flexible to send specific PC on various channels on a per pattern basis…

I’d disable the PC send from the sync menu if using midi tracks, but looking in the DN manual I think a plock for PC change might be needed to send PC from midi tracks… OT sends midi track PC when a pattern linked to a different part becomes active, DN manual says nothing like this and makes me think it needs a plock. Bonus is you can probably send them on a per step basis, can’t do that on OT…

1 Like

Anyone have any additional details on how to get this to work?
I’m trying to send a program change to a AFX station from Digitone. When activate and turn the knob for the PROG, I can see the preset change on the AFX station, but when I plock it, it doesn’t send a PG and when I switch back from a different pattern it also doesn’t send a PG message.

SOLVED: Digitone remembers the last PG it sends and won’t send it again, so if you change your preset on your synth, Digitone doesn’t realize it and won’t send the PG again until you send a different PG from DN first. It’s by design and quite brilliant.