Program change help please

Hi all,

I’m after some help if possible please.

I am trying to set up program changes on the Analog Rytm from Ableton Live 9.6 via Overbridge but am struggling to get it working.

When I change from A01 to A02 via pgm number in MIDI clips in Ableton the Rytm LED’s indicate that the change has taken place but the pattern remains the same?

I have setup the Rytm’s USB MIDI receive on channel 16 and have a MIDI channel set to the same channel.

I cannot change programs via the Rytm either if it’s relevant.

Any assistance would be greatly received as the Overbridge manual doesn’t help much, on Mac OS 10.9 and using the built in core audio.

I have tried the Analog Rytm in stand alone mode and now any changes made to A01 are also made to A02 and vice versa?

Any ideas?

Anyone have any experience of this or can help?

I thought that this worked by sending a midi note rather than a program change on channel 16, if I remember correctly C0 = A01, C♯0 = A02, etc. Pretty sure bank/program messages don’t work under overbridge at the moment.

1 Like

Hmmm, what makes it strange is that the pattern LED’s do actually change but the sequence remains the same?

Any further thoughts, can anyone confirm if it is MIDI notes or pgm that will make the change?

Your pattern length is not set to INF in the “Scale Menu” right? “If INF is selected the active pattern will play infinitely, making it impossible to change to another pattern.”

2 Likes

Aha, I reckon that might be it!

Will report back.

Thank you @atomictag and @benway

Turned INF off and drew notes in separate MIDI clips, it was C-2 and C#-2 to get A01 and A02!

You are proper superstars!

1 Like

Cool - glad you solved the issue. Have fun!

1 Like

Just came upon a Max for Live device that bundles this functionality into a push friendly format, download off the guy’s patreon, link in the video description.

edit

Been playing with this a little bit, it’s cool and everything but I kinda think that instead of twisting knobs on Push to change bank/pattern, an even better solution would be to just set up a drum rack with 8 banks of 16 to send the relevant note on channel 16 - would allow for jamming by using direct jumps for fills and stuff by hitting pads. Think a guy on here had a petition a while ago asking for Elektron to introduce just this kind of functionality. Will definitely give it a go whenever I get the chance and upload the rack.

1 Like

I’ll take a look at that thanks!

Hey guys!

I just did everything that this thread suggested and it actually worked. I can now change the patterns via midi notes from ableton. However, i have a huge latency when doing so. Also when I first play the track, there is a very short repeat of the beginning (maybe 4ms).

Any ideas how I can fix that?

Performance channel is set to 16

This happens with the MD drum too, don’t think there is a way round it unfortunately!

put a negative ms value on the midi channel you use to change patterns