Previous Elektron PSU works with OLD Sidstation?

Does this mean they are the same?

“Check the specifications below carefully if you fit a PSU not supplied by Elektron ESI.
The PSU should be stabilised, deliver a voltage of 6V up to 7V DC and be able to supply at least 400mA to power the SidStation. The connector has a diameter of 2.1 mm. The connector should have the positive voltage on the inner core, and ground on the outer ring. Please check that this applies to your PSU before powering up the SidStation as both this standard and the opposite exists.”

The Sidstation used just a standard wallwart style dc power supply. I got mine at RadioShack but probably easiest to find one on amazon. I haven’t checked the specs on the newer psus (there’s 3 different new ones) but I wouldn’t think they’re the same.

12 V DC, 2000 mA, Center Positive for the newest (PSU-3b) and 12 V DC, 2500 mA, Center Positive for the last (PSU-3). PSU-3b is used by pretty much every current Elektron Machine starting with the Heat and PSU-3 was introduced with the Analog Series.

Octatrack MK1 and the Silver Boxes had different PSUs. Dont have their specs at hand right now, sorry.

PSU-2 (OT mk1, MD/MnM) will work if the connector sizes are the same. Specs for PSU-2 are 6V 3.0A, positive tip. It’s overkill in terms of current, but the Sidstation should only use what it needs.