Polyphonic Digitakt via Retrokits RK-002 cable?

The digitakt does support midi power.
It doesn’t act as a midi interface, so that’s why it’s not possible to change settings on the cable using DT. You can use a routing trick by using the DT to power the cable and an audiointerface to change the settings (a lot of audio interfaces don’t support midi power). Check my youtube channel for instructions. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It is possible to write a sketch that let you change parameters with CCs sent by the DT.

i’m fine , been using it for a long time , using mac to change it , using it on digitakt / volca.

Not this again. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
If you want to write your own sketches, here it is :

Hi @sezare56 ,

Could you elaborate a bit more on this Octatrack slice trigger? Forgive me as I’m trying to learn midi and understand this. Is it covered more somewhere else in the forum by you that I can read more on?

Are you essentially saying , I could trigger 64 slices on the octatrack on say track 1 via the pads on my Mpc 2000XL ?? So I could play the slices freely on the pads type thing…

If so, I need to buy this cable.

Hi, yes you can control slices instantly with RK002 or some other midi processors, but it requires crossfader, so it seems not convenient to play it at the same time. Possibilities to record trigs with associated slices, change scenes, and use crossfader for other purposes after.
Please thank people who find that workaround, in that thread :
Triggering slices with midi notes?

Thanks @sezare56 . That was a long read with lots of information. I think I’ve gathered enough information without going crazy.

1 Like

Thank you, sir!!! :exploding_head:

1 Like

We made a custom DUY for the Digitakt which now allows you you set the polyphony and such via controllers on the Digitakt itself, it also features some Euclid stuff, just as an experiment but it’s lots of fun.

The source can be downloaded and changed. PolyMUX and Arpeggio flavours of the legacy RK002 firmwares are now also part of the RK002/DUY to experiment with (we do need to work on some more documentation though):

6 Likes

I purchased th rk002 direct from the site. Very excited

As I understand it, the RK-002 has specific code to prevent midi feedback loop occurring on the DT. Is this true?

At the moment, using a normal midi cable in loop, the DT goes into a feedback loop and needs to be rebooted.

1 Like

Did you try to disable all midi send / receive parameters?

Not sure what you mean Sezare56. You need to have at least some midi channels open in order send and receive data. Do you mean disable all ‘non-used’ channels? I was using the programme change channel to try to send midi information that told the DT which pattern to play next…

Are you sending clock and transport with the cable?

1 Like

Disable audio tracks midi send for example.
I would disable everything and bring back needed midi control to check what causes feedback.

Don’t know DT parameters but midi loopback works really well with OT and MD, and it seems to works with DT here :

ok, thanks guys - i’ll look into disabling all else to see what the issue is while using a standard midi cable.

I’m keen to know if the RK-002 DELIBERATELY aims to address though…

You can filter some midi messages on the settings page yeah. But just turning off sending midi clock in DT and not double tapping stop saves you 40 dollar ;). Unless you want to use DT as a poly and Euclidean.

1 Like

So you confirm it doable!
I read it was not, which was surprising. :sketchy:

Well I haven’t changed the settings on the cable for quite some time but you can see in the settings video I did you can filter out clock and midi channels yeah :). I think their might be a more advanced settings page now no?

You mean for RK002?
My curiosity is concerning DT midi loopback.

I don’t have DT but the RK002 and OT, and I could make a sketch with Retrokits DUY :

1 Like