Playing pitchbend or modwheel CC "through" Digitone?

So I noticed that the Digitone seems to be filtering pitchbend and modwheel CCs when I have an external keyboard connected (on the global channel input) and a MIDI external track selected. I can play notes “through” the Digitone in real time to the external synth, but none of these important CCs go through.

I tried “enabling” the pitchbend and mw trigger parameters in the syn1 page, but that didn’t seem to do anything but allow me to send those values by turning the respective knobs on the DN - still no passthrough from the attached keyboard.

Am I missing a configuration option, is this a built-in limitation of the DN, or does this only work in certain modes that I’ve somehow overlooked?

I have recently gone through the same thing with both Digitone and Digitakt, so I can save you some time.

after some searching I found an older thread which seemed to indicate that this is a limitation of the machine, and that the most reasonable solution is to use the MIDI THRU of the machine if live PB and MW are important to you. So then if you need the MIDI OUT for sequencing notes you would need a MIDI merger to combine OUT and THRU.

5 Likes

Interesting, ok, thanks for the info!