Playing Analog RYTM With External Controllers

I have been studying the Analog RYTM for about a month now. It looks like the drum machine that I have always wanted.

One question that I can’t seem to answer yet is if it can be played by an external controller or sequencer.

Two methods I would want to implement to play it would be:

1. Using a Roland Octapad to send midi notes to it, playing the sounds on the Analog RTYM this way with sticks.

2. Setting it up as an external instrument in Ableton Live 9 and using Push to control it.

Can this be done, or can it only be played by the built in sequencer and pads?

Yes Id like to hook up my MPC to play it too (pads are to small for good finger drumming IMHO) also could use the them MPC to play the notes and the pads on the AR in perf mode to control paramters.

check this out… playing from an external controller is “nuanced” somewhat:

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/tracks-1-12-midi-settings-for-external-sequencer/6124

Wait, so you’re saying that some extra MIDI mode setting exists in the A4? If so then it’s (hopefully) just a matter of time until we can do the same with the AR!

I dunno what the people at Elektron were thinking leaving out such a massively important feature such as this… Sure there are plenty of cases where I’d want to be able to chromatically play every track separately, but at least equally important would be to be able to play all sounds ala GM drumkit style (not all MIDI systems are that flexible yknow)