Petition: Implement Scenes for midi tracks

+1.

nice one rusty. be careful you might get a job in sweden soon.

Lol, I can move to Göteborg, nice city.

ehhh… what kind of sorcery is this? but they said it couldn’t be done…!? :wink:
:+1: :+1:
nice one. really don’t understand why it can’t be done natively inside the OT when such workarounds like this are possible. where there’s a will there’s always a way…

So, Rusty, you set the synth’s cutoff to listen to CC# 48 (crossfader)?

No, that would be too easy, woudn’t waste my time making a video. Besides, you can’t do that on the Shruthi. CC for Filter Cutoff is #14

I’ll probably post another video in a bit showing a more complex example, including programming/setting the scenes.

1 Like

Note that Guga is starting to take preorders for his Morph device that will do this, see here:

Is it an LFO that modulate a CC that you control with the crossfader ? guessing :+1:

just discoverd that this is not possible with this thread :confused: what a bummer

sorry for bumping this up but… I was curious about Rusty’s video - is there any workarounds for this?

+1

+1

Finally have run into this wall.

+1.

There’s this:

http://www.gugabox.com/New/#

It would really be nice to have :stuck_out_tongue:

+1

I used the OT as a stand alone groove box for the first year or so, and yes, I was very surprised when I hooked up external gear to find that the crossfader wasn’t assignable to midi cc’s. Seems like it would be a given to me. I’d love to see this though i expect they’re holding it back for their next gen machine… if that ever happens.
So yeh,
+1

+1

One cannot tell it too often indeed : Guga used some of his magic to create the Morph4 that precisely address this matter.
This is a nice workaround for those whose workflow need this functionality so bad they are willing e.g. to sign a petition.
Besides you can also use it for other Elektron hardware. As well as any MIDI listening device, in fact…

We had the question about implemantating MIDI CCs to the scenes a lot of time.
It will never happen !
The reason is following:
You have 8 Miditracks, each has 10 Controllers possible. This is all togetether 80 different MIDI CCs. Imagine you take them all at Scene A with a value of 0. You have them all at Scene B with 127. Now move the fader in half a second from A to B.
This is too much data. Your Midi-Cable would start to burn !!!

I think, its just not possible !
(but it would be nice of course)

tm

Sooo I’m new to the OT so forgive me if this video has been addressed.

But in searching for a confirmation/workaround on the “No MIDI Scene” issue I came across this vid:

WTF?