Patterns not changing

I have tried this loads, but for some reason my patterns aren’t changing on my digitone. Any ideas?
In the top left corner, it shows the pattern changing very quickly (flashing) from A01 to A02, but i just want it to stay on A02 pattern.

I even created a blank project and still when i press ‘pattern’ and change, it just keeps playing the existing pattern.

Thanks

« Per track » settings ?
« Ch.len » to inf ?

1 Like

It seems i have to stop the digitone then when i press play again the new pattern i chose kicks in.
Surely this cant be right? How do i change patterns seamlessly on the fly?

I think i sorted it, i was misunderstanding patterns themselves.

Is it possible to have more than one sequence per track?

This still isn’t working. I have created a pattern, 1 bar long, but when i go to play pattern 2 nothing happens!!

The problem im having here is that my pattern is not changing. Is it something in the settings? Ive been searching on here, reading manuals all afternoon and i just cant solve it. Blank patterns change no problem, but the current pattern im using, for some reason doesn’t change when i select a new pattern.

Do it when the sequencer is completely stopped. If you’ve set a pattern to infinite length (just as an example, not saying you’ve done that) it won’t change to the new pattern because the first one hasn’t finished if that makes sense. So try it with the sequencer stopped.

1 Like

Ah yes, this is making sense now, thanks craig - i think i must have the sequencer set to infinite length! Because the pattern is only set to one bar but it just keeps flashing in the top left corner C01/C02 - like it just never reaches the end of the C01 sequence.

Thank you sir, i will endeavour to find out how to change the length!

1 Like

All in the scale menu. FUNC and Page to access that. Hope that helps :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you sir. And thank you to all that have replied and helped.

I have been RTFM and looking on here, sometimes things just are hidden in the background like this Ch length thing, i appreciate the help and feedback.

1 Like

again - the answer is there if you search - it was also stated above before you went off-topic in the other thread - it is no joke for the @Mods tidying this stuff up - please try the search, thanks

1 Like

This was not very descriptive for a newbie trying to learn. Please be more descriptive when trying to help.
Thanks

I am, but I didn’t even write that … nor this other earlier explanation somebody provided you

and if you’d just asked for clarification or searched the pdf manual you would have had your answer in either case !

but any search for patterns not changing (for any elektron) would yield pointers - the point is there are many threads already

3 Likes