Pattern copy/paste

My Digitone just will not copy and paste patterns, on the odd occasion it’s decided to copy the trigs it doesn’t copy and paste any of the sounds and settings. Anyone else having problems?

are you in grid record mode? on my digitone when i turned off grid mode then copy/paste (and also clear, i found out the hard way) effect the pattern.

hope that helps!

and make sure you keep the paste-button pressed until the progress bar in the screen is gone.

2 Likes

Sent it back now anyway, thanks for the reply
Didn’t gel with it at all!

How is this done? Im in bank C, pattern 1, i just want to copy pattern 1 to pattern 2 so i can make a variation of it then switch bak and forth, but i cant seem to copy and paste to pattern 2.

Anyone?

Make sure grid recording is off. Press Func+Copy (the record button on the transport controls)> This copies the pattern. Hit PTN then 2 to switch to pattern 2. Press Func+Paste (the stop button on the transport controls).

:slight_smile:

Edit: Grid recording mode is when you hit the Record button so you can enter trigs manually.

1 Like

Page 36 of the manual:

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Patterns not changing

I’ve been having the same issue. I’m not innGrid Recording mode. I execute the copy pattern, then paste into a new pattern slot. Sometimes it pastes, but many times it doesn’t. Or I have to execute the copy and paste 3-4 times for it to be successful.

Very strange. I’ve copy and pasted Patterns hundreds of times on the OT and DT. the Digitone is the only unit that behaves like this for me. Wondering if it’s a software issue or I just got a lemon.

From the manual, it says to copy the pattern, move to another pattern slot, then paste. Beyond that, I can’t really help as I no longer have a Digitone. Maybe check with support if you’ve followed the manual instructions to the letter?

1 Like

Thanks man.

if anyone else is having the issue, please drop a note here