Pattern change in OT = Pattern change in A4?

How can I make it happen, that each pattern in an OT bank triggers a different pattern in A4?

THANKS!!!

1 Like

Thanks, but in this thread it’s more about this one to one pattern change so that A1 in OT will be A1 in the Analogfour. How could I setup this individually for each pattern?

create a MIDI track and assign it to the same PRG CHG channel on the A4.
In the same menu (PLAYBACK page) there is other 2 options: the one you’re looking for is PROG.
From 0 to 127 they correspond to A01 to H16.

I refer to this file I prepared when I need a non linear correspondance.

2 Likes

I found out about this BUT these midi tracks don’t change with the patterns, right? They are valid for a whole project or am I wrong. Right now I find the one to one pattern connection between the two devices easier…

[s]Just follow precisely the good advice kindly provided by sicijk.

[/s]See later post for a much better solution.

I know I might appear ungrateful but I tried my best and didn’t get it. Maybe I am missing some basics here.

I go to the Midi page, then I hit T1 for instance. Next I go to the playback menu where I can define “channel” “bank” and “prog”. Ok, if I setup “prog 2” in the OT I have the Analogfour playing Pattern A02 which is cool. But now I want to change to a different pattern in the OT and define a new “prog” to play back a different pattern in the A4. But if I now change the “prog” value it is changed for the first pattern - it’s global somehow. Or is there a different way to set this up…

Thanks for providing more detail about the problem.

[s]The manual (page 114) says about the PROG setting: “The setting made here is sent every time a pattern linked to another part becomes active.” So in your second OT pattern, use a different Part. Give that a try and see how it goes.

I don’t have the A4 but a Machinedrum, so I might be wrong and please correct me if this is the case, but:

As I recall it (I don’t do this frequently), there is no need to do anything with the MIDI tracks, just enable prg change send and maybe enable receive on the MD, and get your channels right. My recollection is that pattern changes happen automatically if you have these settings right.

1 Like

You are right, but I think the problem here is that the OP doesn’t necessarily want the same pattern to be played on both OT and A4.

I’m trying to work alternatively with my AR, A4 and OT making who banks as songs simultaneously. Has involved a little copy and pasting of existing patterns but is saving me from using the midi route.

@jsz: Thanks, but the way you mentioned comes along with some other problems I mentioned above.

@PeterHanes: That’s a good idea but how many parts are there available? :wink:

1 Like

There are four parts per bank.

[s][I strongly recommend that you make time to read the first 10 pages or so of the manual.]

In my previous posts, I somehow missed that you are trying to control an Analog Four.

Forget everything that everybody previously posted on the thread and instead set up a Multi Map on the AF in which a MIDI note from the OT switches the AF pattern. See page 51 of the AF manual.

Doh! I seem to be having poor reading comprehension lately.

1 Like

@PeterHaines :
Nice editing !! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the solution that fits best your needings for a 16 patterns prg change in a Bank,while being also the most elegant!
good one Peter! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the solution that fits best your needings for a 16 patterns prg change in a Bank,while being also the most elegant!
good one Peter! :slight_smile: [/quote]
I hope it actually works. I don’t have an AF to try it out on.

Does it actually change pattern fast enough if you put a note trig on the first step of an OT MIDI track pattern and set the AF setting CHG MODE to D.START?

By the way, it was forum member void who suggested this method in an earlier thread - I had initially not realized that laurentius was asking about how to control AF.

good one Peter! :slight_smile: [/quote]
I hope it actually works. I don’t have an AF to try it out on.

Does it actually change pattern fast enough if you put a note trig on the first step of an OT MIDI track pattern and set the AF setting CHG MODE to D.START?

By the way, it was forum member void who suggested this method in an earlier thread - I had initially not realized that laurentius was asking about how to control AF. [/quote]
I did try this some weeks ago. It works. But in my case, the program change on the A4 was one bar late of the Octatrack.

1 Like