Parts, patterns - saving, duplicating issue

Hello,

Apologies if this may sound simple to most of you but I’ve read the manual, watched a few videos and it’s still not sinking in.

So, in A01 I’ve created a nice loop across the 8 tracks and saved them as Part 1. I duplicated the pattern and pasted it to A02, however when I change between the two A02 has only 16 steps activated on all tracks as opposed to 64 on A01, and none of the samples are playing. Is there a glaring mistake I’m making?

Essentially I want to be able to create new sequences, samples and parameter changes on different patterns, A01 will be a different pallette to A02 for example. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Are you sure you copied pattern, not track ?

Yes, completely sure!

Yes and nothing is being copied other than the sample assigned to the track. No trigs, no track length…

No copy / paste pattern then.
How do you proceed?

Grid Recording off, Fn + Play (Copy), change pattern, Fn + Stop (paste)

Hey

Sorry for the late reply I was sick.

The sounds are in each track but yes, the length of the pattern is reduced to 16 and some sounds dont play automatically. Scale mode changes back to 'per track ’ Is there a setting I’m missing?

Do i need to tick “use prj set” in chain behaviour?

Thanks

Also, when i copy patterns that are saved as Part 2 to another slot it copies part 1 instead…

Sorry if I am out of context:
-copy/paste Patterns
-copy/paste Parts
These are separate processes, one doesn’t automatically follow the other(*) Combine 16 patterns with 4 parts but check and connect them manually.

(*)Maybe I’m wrong if there is empty pattern, with no part assigned yet, I am coping to?

Thanks guys, I sorted it. Was my own ignorance. Appreciate all the help though.

3 Likes