Pad pressure always affects filter?

Apologies if this has been asked but my pad pressure always affects the filter cutoff. Any way to disable it? Make playing the impulse engine hard do to the pitch fluctuation.

Press function + synth
Go down the menu to after touch
Enter after touch, turn down the filter knob.

One of the only annoying things about the Rytm :slight_frown:

1 Like

It’s the default setting of Aftertouch affecting the filter…people have been asking for this to be removed by default for a while. You can find that under Sounds - Sound Settings - Aftertouch

2 Likes

Thanks friends. Got it.

Probably should be removed even more so with the impulse engine now.

2 Likes

This is all sweet music to my ears, let Elektron (or just @Ess) take note, this is a really inconvenient default, ironically not really evident in the default sound and quite a chore to take off, lots of community support already following this whinge :wink:

I really long for a sole extra ‘preset’ that we could toggle to be our ‘default’, those settings would then substitute for all the sub pages when you clear, even if you could simply say, okay use Sound 21 as my default template and the defaults are re cast (and for total compatibility, long presses will activate the current default patch)

We can dream, but whilst there’s a new thing on the horizon, i wouldn’t go building any hopes up, even bugs may take a while to get fixed

2 Likes

I’m curious if there are any new workaround ideas for this - currently I’m making a default kit where it’s turned off for all sounds, but this doesn’t always work if you’re in the middle of working on a kit, want to clear one sound, still have to go the extra step of turning it off again. I’m sure there are other situations where the default kit workaround doesn’t solve it. Thanks for any ideas!

1 Like

this drives me nuts, it scans like an oversight - sure if you are in a shop trying out the AR it may impress you, but just bake it into the onboard Kits not the actual default settings - this feels almost invasive even because no other vanilla parameter is set in such a way

imho an amazing way to set defaults would be to allow each user access to an additional system sound per machine which would act as the reference when doing a new sound or a clear operation - this makes most sense on teh A4 as there’s one machine, somebody may want to always add a tiny bit of vibrato as a default - it could be a neat way to have better defaults or even a system to define defaults to a page based on the current values - i’d settle for this depth being zeroed when cleared though !

1 Like