P-Locking from the sound bank and polyphony allocation

I’m assuming that, like the A4, you can choose which tracks on the DO to have polyphony, right? so like, track 1 could be 4 notes and tracks 2-4 could all be one note? Or is it only 2 notes per track? EDIT: Got this answered via reading the manual!

Also, since it is polyphonic, is it possible to layer a kick sound and a hihat sound on the same track at the same time? I’m listening to Cenk’s Digitone Experience (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVmpDVUqPX8) and it seems like he has a bass, 2 synths, a kick, and a hihat, which makes me think this is possible since there’s only 4 tracks available.

Could you do a MIDI Loop type setup with the MIDI I/O feeding each other and use a MIDI track set to a different soundlocked/pool sound?

:smiley:

What was the answer???

You can have two sounds hit on the same step on a single track by placing trigs next to one another, say, kick on 4 and snare on 5 and adjusting the microtiming of 5 fully backwards so that it hits at the same time as 4. You have to make sure the root notes of the two trigs are different, e.g. 4 is C, 5 is C#.

1 Like

That’s pretty dope. Why can’t they be the same note if they’re different sounds from the soundpool?

Why? Off the top of my head, I’m not sure but I recall reading about it on this forum somewhere.

1 Like

it’s just the architecture of the sequencer. can’t have two note trigs on the same step. microtiming is a way around that

I was wondering why he said they have to be different notes, though, if they’re on different trigs.

It’s a behaviour of the digitone : even in poly, if you play the same note twice, the second one cuts the first one

Well that’s dumb. Haha.

" Could you do a MIDI Loop type setup with the MIDI I/O feeding each other and use a MIDI track set to a different soundlocked/pool sound ? "
It’s possible ???