Overbrigde kills me

Hey guys!

I desperately need some advice.

So, finally i´ve got my Overbridge since yesterday. But it does not work as it´s supposed to.
Basically i need some advice on how to set it up correctly in Ableton (i want to use Push). I tried it with the External Instruments and also with a regular, plain Midi channel. I found nothing that works.
On the Overbridge Control Panel it indicates that there´s sound coming through, but i can´t here anything.
Also the plugin seems to be fine as it shows everything when i turn a knob or so.
But is obviously wrong. So, could you guys please give me some advice on how to set it up right? I would so much appreciate it!!!
Thanks in advance

thanks a lot for your reply. i tried this already. it does not work here…. it´s fucked up somehow…

step by step ? turned off voice routing in A4 menu ?

yeah, did all the steps. when i use the a4 as a soundcard in the preferences menue i only get the sound from the a4, nothing else. so i left that on my rme. so far it works, but not as it should.
first of all, i can´t play via the push, which is annoying. second of all, it does weird things (like not playing triggered notes; while playing on track 3 with the internal keyboard it sometimes plays notes on track 4, even though this one is not selected). and the 3rd issue is that the syncing between ableton, a4 and rytm seems to be not perfectly tight. so, i´m still somewhat disappointed…

Have you contacted support?
What did they say?

Also, Beta.

not yet. but i guess i will do that soon…
i just wanted to make sure that i tried everything possible before getting in touch with them.

it sounds like there is trouble with Live’s midi-setup. Can you please post a pic of your track setting?

hope this helps

a little bit - until i have found my glasses :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

first question: what’s your idea of syncing the devices and/or Live?

well, so far i played without using live. so, the rytm was sending the clock.
now, after having overbridge, i don´t mind who´s doing that job. i guess if ableton is master it´s the best, right? but i don´t care as long as everything fits into it…

Definitely file a support ticket, especially during the beta stages. This will help other users down the line.
Good luck.

what size is your monitor? :alien:

23" external

just came in here to rag on the gigantic image with the tiny midi settings barely visible in the center, just kidding man i won’t rag on you

but here’s how you can take screenshots of just certain areas so you don’t have to do the gigantic screen like that and people can read it

Take a screenshot of part of your screen

[ol]
[li]Press Command (⌘)-Shift-4. You’ll see that your cursor changes to a crosshair pointer.[/li]

[li]Move the crosshair pointer to where you want to start the screenshot.[/li]

[li]Drag to select an area. To adjust the area, hold Shift, Option, or the Space bar while you drag.
[/li]

[li]When you’ve selected the area you want, release your mouse or trackpad button. Or to cancel, press Escape (esc).[/li]

[li]Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.[/li]

[/ol]

ok, sorry for that…
hope this helps

anyone an idea?

really= only?. … looks like a 32" … you must have a tiny resolution… cheers bro! … I like the dark layout btw

I’m able to use Push for controlling A4 via over bridge. I used Patrick DSP’s Ableton A4 Overbridge Setup project as a starting point.

http://www.elektronauts.com/files

so, here are some news. i got in touch with elektrons support. i basically did a reset (started all over again and used a new kit as a starting point) and it seems to be almost fine now, even though i did all this before. weird shit…
@notechnotech: i also used patrick´s setup, to make sure everything´s fine. but somethings still wrong. i don´t get a visual feedback on my plugin when i turn something or change to a different sound on the a4. i hope i´ll get this fixed as well. one other thing. if you use patrick´s setup, you have the actual vst plugin placed in the “main track”, right? so that means if you switch to track 2 or 3 or so on (when using the push) the plugin disappears, as there is obviously just an external instrument plugin placed and not the a4 plugin. any solution for that?