Overbridge [pre-announcement and June 2015 launch]

While we all wait for overbridge I just got my head around recordingAR live performances in ableton 9. Cuckoo shows this for Logic in the mega tutorial but for me it didnt ‘just work’ :slight_smile: so its a bit more complicate the way I do it in Live:
http://www.elektronauts.com/t/rytm-midi-setup-with-ableton/6103/86004

Any comment, feedback, help making this better much appreciated.
Best

Overbridge was announced almost a year ago - wow, that’s snail pace development

Can’t be that hard just a USB audio interface in the end, really isn’t it?.

ummm…no. It’s a USB audio interface and a multi-format multi-platform plugin for the control and syncronization of the synth engines in each device. You’re correct in assuming the audio interface aspect might be trivial and indeed we saw working demos of this aspect of overbridge when it was first announced. It goes far beyond that though…

Any updates on Overbridge? It’s over halfway through February, wondering if the open beta is still on schedule to release this month??

overbridgeeggegegegeggegegegegege

Can’t stop looking at the interface in that video. Great design! :joy:

Just sitting here making beats with my Analog Rytm and Analog Four, and thinking about how sweet it will be to have Overbridge to route individual tracks into Ableton and then edit tracks individually. AHhhhhh!!

Between waiting for this and Soundtoys5, I’m wishing my life away!

My legacy motu traveler just died and I don’t know if wait for overbridge or look for a new soundcard considering that i used the motu just to record my analog four. What would you do?

With only 8 days left in the month they said the public beta would be available I say wait it out. If it’s not here March 1st, it’s just another thing that couldn’t be delivered on time and who knows when it’ll happen - in that case, get a new soundcard.

Agreed that they’ve made an official statement about releasing a public beta by the end of the month and releasing full version within Q1 (meaning end of March). Granted it will be in beta for potentially a month and if you’re just using an audio interface for just your A4, you could maybe wait it out. Personally, I couldn’t as I have much larger setup that utilizes my 10-channel fully and have been considering a 16 channel one, but with Overbridge I should be able to avoid that purchase as well; I think.

Hey stegi, why not buy a new interface from a store with 30 day return policy? That way if OB does arrive soon you just send it back for a refund.

Overbridge…are you coming???
info about release ?

It would be awesome if Elektron would port the editor into an ipad app as well so it would give instant touch access to all parameters at a glance and accurate representation of envelopes and modulations. That would totally make up for the tiny screen.

I am really looking forward to the vst interface… the small screen hurts my eyes. It would be great to be able to just plug in a tablet and use that as a display but I guess it won’t be that straightforward.

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]it could be totally straight forward if elektron already has a finished vst interface and all parameter mappings in their drawers. creating such an app should be a walk in the park compared to a massive undertaking like overbridge. it might even be possible in lemur.
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]imagine how awesome it would be to just hook up your tablet and have a huge screen with touch control.

Hello guys, we have come a month fatal …
I can not wait to test overbridge and finally be able to record in multitrack … and this is only the minimum of functionality of OB, and many many more … mmmmm …
Elektron release it please :joy:

+1 !
Now you got me dreaming of an AK-37 with my iPad on top

Looks like the new job position for elektron support team is in preparation for Overbridge. Perhaps we’re getting close to release :astonished:

Or the job opening is a response to se of the negative feedback their Custer service department gets on these boards. Maybe there’s a backlog of customer service tickets that need to be addressed. Or it’s Overbridge. Maybe it’s all that.