Overbridge + Logic Pro x 10.2.2

Curious. I think I’m using the same versions as you, OS X 10.11.4, Logic 10.2.2, OB 1.10.0. Ah well. :-)[/quote]
Yes, same versions mate. Strange, must be an option you can enable somewhere.

From Apple’s forums, it seems there was a ‘missing Rec button’ issue that was supposedly fixed in Logic 10.0.6. Either the problem has returned, or I’ve stumbled across a variant that wasn’t fixed. :disappointed:

Something odd I’ve noticed is in Logic > Prefs > Audio > I/O Assignments.
Under the Output tab, I see a popup (which shows all the outputs on my FF400). However the Input tab is empty (although all of the inputs are available to any audio tracks, despite not being visible in this prefs window).

@cantona999, do you have any content in this I/O Assignment > Input window ?

@Ludovic, which Elektron device did you create your aggregate device with ? The CoreAudio one, or the BitAccurate one ?

1 Like

I’m the same mate, the output is all of the apollo twin’s outputs the inputs just show -

I don’t think it effects anything tbh, i’m still getting the audio through either overbridge or two trs cables out of the main AR output’s into the Apollo Twin’s line inputs. It’s just the sync that’s still out for me.

I have just brought a Expert Sleepers USAMO, tomorrow I’ll give that a try and report back.

As for the record on the software instrument track, i’ve just checked and added one in logic, the rec button does come up on the channel on 10.2.2.

Hi cantona999,
following here some pics with my current setup in detail.

OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks (sorry i’ll NEVER upgrade ;)))
LPX 10.2.2
OB Version 1.10.1
A4 OS 1.23B

Regarding sync issue, i don’t use the OB option just because i have several external gears in daisy chain and i prefer to set it on LPX general latency preferences.

With this settings i have all my synths perfectly in sync.

I forgot to mention that A4 anyway is connected via USB for total recall.

Hope this help some of you!
cheers

Thank you for the Tutorial Ludovic,

I will also give this a try tomorrow!

@cantona999. At least yours shows something. Mine shows :

:confused:

I am on Logic 10.2.1 and it all works fine here.
I get all tracks routed in Logic and can sequence etc from Logic as well (use Midi FX etc too) and the AU Plug in editor is working fine as well.
This is without an aggregate audio device created either and the OB outs show up as being different to the once on my Studio Capture.
Just did a quick routing test with one Monomachine and my A4 and it all bounces and records fine too.

https://soundcloud.com/venndiagram/overbridge-logic-x-test

I have my Studio Capture as my Audio IN/OUT Device
In Midi Settings sending midi clock to my Studio Capture for the MnM and the A4 over USB.
I create a Plug In Instrument Track A4 with the Multi 6 OUT option selected but NO OUTPUT on the Plugin Track itself.
This gives me Tracks 1-4 + FX track streaming into Logic X via their own Audio Tracks.
It doesn’t handle sequencing from the plug-in too the A4 as I’d like just yet but we shall see how I go with some further testing.

1 Like

Logix X 10.2.3 is out … will check later in the studio, but seems to work.

Did it work Insect?

Did it work insect?

I have brought an OT + Ti2 + USAMO since we last spoke to go along side the RYTM but I have not tried syncing them all to Logic, yet. Haven’t had time.

sync in logic is still whobbling and there is still latency. But Logic 10.2.4 is out since some days. Have to try it with this one. Let´s see.

1 Like

finally Usamo has been arrived. Sync in Logic via Usamo works fine. Just turn off the sync in OB. But there is a latency between Audio in from OB and soundcard.

I already posted this in the [ Templates ] DAW, Overbridge & settings (Mac) thread … but maybe logic users will look here:

So finally I got Overbridge working in Logic X 10.2.4. I had to mess around a bit with Logic internal audio buffer and working buffer settings. But this gives me a nearly on the grid sync with less latency:

Apple Macbook Pro I5 2,3ghz
4GB RAM
El Capitano

Logic setting:
44.1 or 48 khz
buffer: 256
working buffer: small
audio treads: 4

Overbridge:
buffer: 256
margin: 150
clock mode: song

A4 + AR runing stereo channels into logic … WORKS! :slight_smile:
Not recorded yet nor tried to add some more plugins (delays, eq, etc …) … but you can always add later.
Will do some more tests over the next days. For me it works now.

BTW … somehow the audio from Overbridge sounds better in Logic than in Ableton :wink:

Cheers and Merry Christmas everyone!

3 Likes

Hi guys,

Just finally managed to give it a go. Thanks a lot to everyone for sharing all this. I did try last year with logic 9 and the previous versions of OB but that forced me to move into Ableton where everything is super smooth. But unfortunately I still don’t like Ableton very much and would export it all back into Logic for mix down.

Anyway, finally got it to work in Logic X, but one issue here is that the automation can only be recorded into the main Instrument track, but not on individual channels for each sound, even tho there clearly is the option but noway to access Rytm parameters. It does work while opening a multi-timbral instruments, which you guys have obviously been avoiding here, and I guess for a reason as it seem to make Logic crash.

Can someone tell me their thoughts on this and if there is a way to have the automations appear on their respective channel?

Thank you.

Thierry

1 Like

Hey thanks for the detailed note; However I have got performance macros mapped and I can’t hear my delay & reverb on the tracks;My settings are separate for FX tracks & individual tracks

Plz help

Individual outs are dry, FX mix is only on stereo out.

Hey Guys, I just got logic (it’s new to me) but I’ve managed to get multiple tracks going into logic and in sync
however the Rytm sound card options don’t seem to correspond to the machine
I have 4 options
9 mono
1 stereo 8 mono
4 stereo 5 mono
9 stereo

My problem is 1 - no way to see which tracks are which (there should be 12 tracks ??)
2 using the send to aux method I’ve only been able to get tracks 1-3 from the AR (Bd,SD,RS)

On OB I noticed that it won’t let you record all tracks at once unless you go down to 16bits
I’m trying to record 1 BD 2 SD 3/4RS + 9/10 + 11/12
(no idea if I’m supposed to use corresponding midi or routing tracks)

My config iMac 2017 Logic Pro X 10.3.2

I was also unable to record the stereo or reverb tracks from the AK, but I got the 4 ind so that’s cool for now

It all seems a bit cumbersome/complicated

Hi there! i can’t understand… but only with Analog Rytm is it possible recording in stereo mode (using the plugin overbridge Digitakt) all singular track? with Digitakt no? i see in net this is possible with Ableton, because it use VST, and Logic no… Nobody found the system for this? Logic use only AU unit for plugin… Electron, why not create over bridge in this version?

thanks to all

Very helpful thank you so much : )-

Hi, did you find the way to write automation for each channel and not only main channel with overbridge?

this is my situation

thx