Overbridge input channels (4 instead of 8)

Hi there!

So I started to using Overbridge to control my A4 & Rytm with ableton but I noticed that I can only use 4input channels in 16bit instead of 8 per machine. If one machine have 5 inputs and the other have 4 than the one which has lower input channels wont send any sound to the computer. Im using overhub but its connected to another USB-C hub as Im working with a (usb-c only) 2016 Macbook pro. I should have enough USB bandwith as the USB-C hub is pretty high spec but maybe its just not enough for Overbridge? If someone has this problem with USB-C vs Overbridge can someone recommend me a nice USB-C hub or should I just connect the overhub straight to the laptop with a USB (micro b) to USB-C adaptor?
Thanx for the help. <3 :wink:

What OS are you using?

When Microsoft and Apple (especially Apple) updated their drivers they broke the “old” Overbridge. I have the same problem you do since I updated to High Sierra. There are probably other threads on here outlining the same issue if you dig around.

Overbridge 1 takes next to no USB bandwidth up fwiw, that is absolutely not a factor - protecting its very modest demands is another thing, as is the handling of audio etc

1 Like

yeah I’m using High Sierra too, so I think its a driver problem then + I just noticed that Rytm has a huge latency for some reason, but A4 doesnt. I know that the elektron guys are working Overbridge for their new products, but I hope they will fix this one too.