Overbridge for Digitakt - Any news on a release date?

Nice solution. Iā€™m not sure how well it would work with long reverb tails though, as when the sample was re-triggered it would get messed up. Do you have any tips for getting around that?

You could send master outputs alone via OB, using mute tracks, you can get the FXed audioā€¦ track by track, i know but better than nothing

Youā€™ll have to get creative with it. Second thought that comes to mind(the first one I had seemed like a pain) is to set the loop to a particularly airy section of the sound and p-lock the decay.

The next idea that comes to mind is to use a reverb thatā€™s in your computer when using OB as youā€™ll probably have more options, customization and ability with a larger arsenal of options and it wouldnā€™t require this degree of creativity and you could apply that creativity to other elements of your track

Not to pee on your parade, but I vaguely remember a 33sec sample length limit on the DT so it would be kind of tedious cutting everything up properly and putting it back together.

You knowā€¦yeahā€¦obviously using an ITB effect would be the most convenient/non-tedious route. But if you absolutely NEED your DT fx and if they donā€™t allow you to track out the sends, then thereā€™s A way.

At the very least, youā€™ll get some interesting output out of that tactic

If it is possible to stream individual tracks and main stereo simultaneously, and the track recordings are post-mixer, you can sum the individual tracks, invert this and then sum with the master to leave only effects. Bit fiddly but no reason this wonā€™t work. Not sure if this is what youā€™re after.

Honestly, I thought I would love OB and use it quite frequently. I have an AR, AK, AH and now a DT; all OB capable devices. The further I go, the less I even think about using OB. I guess part of it is the fact that I keep moving towards keeping everything but audio recording and effects out of the box. But also, OB has never really provided any solutions for me in terms of workflow issues. I guess itā€™s nice to have a graphic representation up on the screen. I personally donā€™t feel strongly about streaming the audio, at least not yet. Part of it was that the Rytm didnā€™t have the bandwidth to stream all the tracks simultaneously. It also introduced latency, bypassed effects, and in general I never find USB audio as pleasing as the analog outs (maybe this is placebo, maybe itā€™s ADCs, I dunno).

For me, it would have been nice manage the sequencer through OB, for quick tweaks with the mouse. I guess given all the P lock options this is almost impossible to do in a remotely stream lined UI. Ok, so then how about sample management/librarian? That would be nice, and I think is on the to do list, particularly with the DT. So thatā€™s one thing I would use. I guess for the Heat, I also like that it brings up my settings every time and I donā€™t have to worry about loading a preset.

BUT I have also found OB to be the most buggy with the Heat. No matter what I do, I canā€™t use it on my master track in Ableton. Iā€™ve tried the workaround, and despite rendering the audio in real time, the audio comes out completely mangled. Ha, itā€™s kind of neat. But totally unpredictable and not what Iā€™m after. In Logic I noticed it introduces significant latency on the master track. And often when loaded, it creates some really loud, quick noises. It also freezes from time to time.

So yeahā€¦ not expecting a lot from OB. Improved sample management would be nice. That said, if it doesnā€™t happen someone will make a third party app to do an equally good, or better job Iā€™m sure. Anyways, in the mean time Iā€™ve enjoyed the brief time Iā€™ve had with the DT and really feel no desire to use something like OB.

1 Like

Seriously I just want a sample manager I could care less about everything else I wish they would hit us with that Iā€™d pay for it at this point

4 Likes

How many days into February do you think overbridge will come to digitakt,

advertised on the website that it already comes with overbridge

find out it doesnā€™t already come with overbridge

false advertising . and if its not ready for February , could it be possible to have a little sweetener , eg a sample pack or 10

maybe no one from electron will read this

Expect March and use the time while you wait constructively. Nothing written around these parts is going to speed anything up.

4 Likes

:frowning:

I was surprised they didnā€™t even have a preview demo during NAMM :frowning:
Also, judging by how Overbridge runs with the Analog Heat (too much latency), will the audio/MIDI streaming be anywhere near how it is with the Virus TI?

4 Likes

Same, bit frustrating seeing new products when an existing one still doesnā€™t have the features promised when bought it many months ago

4 Likes

Itā€™ll be out in the next couple of months- Iā€™m sure of it! Elektron have actually been moving very efficiently this past year- Surely their coding is working 100% towards updates and OB. And when it comes out it will be the most magnificent version theyā€™ve released-with sample librarian and probably midi configuration.

OB has to do a lot more than itā€™s had to do in the past- Iā€™m sure it will be worth being a little bit more patient for!

3 Likes

Fuck frustration! Iā€™m excited for whenever it comes!

Iā€™m ready :fire:

(looking forward to get the soundtoys bundle and fabfilters in the mix)

2 Likes

This is not serious!!! first you must pay to overbridge, after not, but you must waitā€¦ whatĀ“s up??? 1 year waiting! Its normal? i need a official request!!!

@julio

Sure ! but you will get an unofficial answers here :wink:
We can only say :

From Elektron official :
During the past seven months, we have been hard at work with the next version of Overbridge, which will support Analog Keys, Analog Heat, Digitakt, Analog Four MKI/MKII and Analog Rytm MKI/MKII. It is the biggest update yet and will be available February 2018. Some of the highlights include

https://www.elektronauts.com/news/387

New update on this subject is here !

Official answers here :

Support Tickets

1 Like

Counting the days. Will be interesting to have Ableton 10 and Overbridge come out at the same time. Hopefully they all play well together. Iā€™m pretty excited to be able to multitrack Digitakt.

Press play, no misery todayā€¦ lo fi.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s 28 days in February, donā€™t get too excited just yet :wink:

2 Likes

LOL, this is kind of how I feel about it, and more specifically the Digitakt update. I just want to see some cool extra features, but itā€™s not like I donā€™t love it how it is right now anyway.

Not getting my hopes up for it being ā€œsoonā€ though, even though they are saying February, all the verbal comments about it from NAMM etc. always seem to be ā€œwhen we are happy with itā€ which doesnā€™t exactly induce a sense of confidence that itā€™ll meet a specific deadline.