Overbridge as audio inputs only?

Hi, new to the forum so maybe answered already. I’m wondering if Overbridge can (or in future can) act as ONLY providing audio inputs into the DAW and midi over USB, so removing all other features (which don’t work for me anyway on a Mac Pro/Analog Rytm)?

You can skip this bit if you like (just some background/thoughts):

That’s the short question, the long story is I’ve been making music for more than 20 years and I can tell you I have a lot of sympathy with Elektron, but essentially they will never get Overbridge to work as most users believe it should. It simply never works to have two multi-audio streams running into a DAW (i.e. your sound card and an instrument) while also trying to get instrument control data to sync in time down the USB. As a former Virus TI user I can tell you it has never worked properly in that environment. If Elektron nail it it will truly be a computing first.

What I have noticed though is the audio stream does seem to kind of work on the Analog Rytm (enough at least for non-critical stuff like a studio session where you want to record drums clean out without running through a desk or the outs) so maybe if they could just isolate that bit as an option that would be very cool. I know people will claim to have got the TI to work and Overbridge to work, but I call BS - things like critical timing, multi-channel audio streams, etc never actually work in real situations, like when playing live - no way.

Finally as a first time poster I notice the number of threads about midi out - seems to me Overbridge was a waste of time to an extent, the analog Rytm is easily the best drum machine I have ever used with a beautiful workflow, if only it spat out some midi data, at least for the patterns etc, so you could record performances into the DAW.

In some ways I like the way you are forced to perform on the Rytm and use it as an instrument, all these hybrid interfaces in the DAW are a waste of time really, you’ll always be quicker learning and using the hardware interface, I never understand why ppl are so desperate to get everything ITB, the Rytm is the wrong tool for the job if that’s your goal. Having said that, going back to my original question, I guess audio streaming is nice and frees up a few sound card channels too, but like I say Electron are seriously attempting the impossible here - good luck anyway guys, your instruments are truly beautiful things.