Overbridge 2.0 Beta - New video online! #4: Brutal Stress Test

It would be nice indeed… Apologies… Hard to resist the temptation to rant…!

2 Likes

Hell yeah it is. The beta updates have been coming pretty hot and fast for mac and windows lately. I’ve been unable to find any weird behavior and it’s slick as hell.

5 Likes

If it is that stable and is Beta (not Alpha) I really cant understand why they don’t offer an ‘at your own risk/no support given’ beta download for the rest of us who are just watching from the wings…

Be a nice Christmas present!

3 Likes

That’s only my experience on my system, I don’t know that it’s representative of anyone else using it.

Only one way to find out!

I have a Heat MK2 that I got to use with overbridge to route VSTs through to warm up…(although my guitar things differently ;-)). A Digitone that would be lovely to edit on a computer (although I haven’t heard anything about a Digitone editor, any one know if this is even being worked on?) and a RYTM MK 1that wants to try the 2 Osc s synth but doesn’t want to loose OB…

I am more than happy to try the Beta at my own risk!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

I’ve kind of lost track here, the title says ‘plugin’, is it still only the Digitakt that has the plugin? Or is it available for A4mk2 yet?

What way are people using the Beta if there’s no plugin available?

Only for digitakt for now yes. They recently released the beta digitakt plugin for Mac osx. Things are looking good there as far as I can tell from the posts in the mac topic. Some minor issues here and there.

4 Likes

AU version?

Every time I switch off the Digitakt it crashes Ableton! :confused:

Oh, well, after all this time I’ve finally given up on Overbridge and just started transferring tracks to Ableton using the analog method… a pretty sad and unsatisfying experience overall, but I guess the end result is mostly OK… probably have something that is about 90% of what it could be with full driver support :expressionless:

I had signed up for the beta on the very first day, but the powers that be decided not to include me :confused:

You can still use the audio driver without the vst plug in. So i have an ARMKII and DT so i can break out the ARmkii into individual tracks in my DAW and use the DT plugin for the individual DT tracks…and do some editing of the DT on pc if it helps work flow…but not the ARMKII…i just can access the audio streams…which in itself is amazing. There is still along way to go however.

But guys be patient. It wont revolutionize your music making trust me. The boxes are just as useful and just as awesome when they stand alone. Although im testing i unplug the USB 70% of the time and get back to using the boxes far far away from any computer… still smiling. Still happy…being able to stem out tracks hasnt ment that my music output has increased or my production ability has jumped forward. Try not to build your expectations of OB to the point of it never satisfying your imaginations. Its the same box at the end of the day. With the same capabilities and limits.

3 Likes

i dont have time to stem out 8 tracks one by one to a daw for mixing. is all i need OB for. so i dont give up precious hrs of life. it’s 50% of why i bought an elektron, tbh!

5 Likes

How did you get the DT to work as a soundcard?

Sorry if i wasn’t clear Cstep333, i was responding to someone asking a question about beta phase of OB testing. And why/how you would be able to use ob without the plugin if only DT has a plugin…if it wasn’t clear im also testing beta…so the beta audio driver alows me to use any Elektron device as a soundcard…:blush: no plugin needed.

1 Like

cool, yeah, i didn’t get the part of OB beta. Just scanned through the text. my bad.

Happy to hear the sound card functionality is working out for you, just hope that Elektron get their fingers out and release OB before christmas. I must sound like a broken record at times, as i was saying a similar thing a year ago, then again in feb, then march. I know the individual-outs is a major factor for most, but the sound card aspect was more important for me.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Off topic posts

OB will save upwards of 8x the time tracking for me. As a busy adult with responsibilities, that’s the difference between finishing a track or letting it die on the shelf.

But it’s cool. I have the beta driver.

Wondering if the plugin beta has an AU version? or just VST?

4 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

Thanks! I had no idea I could stream the audio now, being able to stream some individual tracks from A4mk2 and ARmk1 and free up some inputs on my interface will keep me happy for now. I’ll give this a try tomorrow.