OTO Biscuit

I guess if you compare the price of a Biscuit to a OTmk1 it looks a bit over priced, you can do a lot of what Biscuit does - filter, lofi, delay on OT, albeit not exactly the same, but also much more besides, and if you really wanted to could have 2 stereo sources being processed simultaneously and independently each with upto 8 fx, plus scenes, sequencer etc etc.

2 Likes

I might use Biscuit the least out of my Oto boxes these days, but it would be the last one Iā€™d get rid of.

the OTO Biscuit sounds really good, you cannot compare it with the OT for several reasons.

the first one is the Biscuit has true analog multimode filter and the input stage can go to 0 to +15db in diode clipping.

OT is digital.

Sure, that is why I said not exactly the same :wink:

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

The hype has boiled down for these so you will see more on sale because people want to unload and buy new things. Youā€™re correct my local market in San Francisco they are 775US. The sellers canā€™t move them at that price. I think even the OP-1 will see a price drop soon. I am waiting for Denis to release the new AD/DA box. That will be nice for bit crushing too.

2 Likes

What do you use most of ? I only have the BIM but I use that once in a while.

i sold mine because i felt the benefit of the money in my account outweighed the occasional use of it ā€¦ it sounded great but it wasnt a core element of my ā€˜soundā€™ā€¦

with covid / cut in salaries / lack of work i would expect people might trim some of the bit of gear that arent essential and are carrying large price tags. Iā€™ve been looking at my analog heat and other gear recentlyā€¦

Iā€™ve used maestro on ipad recentlyā€¦ itā€™s ok, obviously not as goodā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed less bites when it comes to selling things online but as of yet I havenā€™t seen many crazy deals online either.

I guess people in the industry are not yet ā€œoutā€ and are holding on until next year.

Perhaps hobbyists also arenā€™t necessarily as affected by the live performancepocalypse?

Either way the economy and the markets are disjointed.

Iā€™ve only had it a couple months but Iā€™ve been using Boum non-stop since I got it.

Bim and Bam get brought out for occasional use lately but arenā€™t as crucial to my setup anymore thanks to Valhalla and Goodhz plugins.

I have used Bim the most overallā€¦ I really enjoy the modulated delays and smooth decay, but also enjoy it for vibrato and crunching up sounds set to 100% wet.

I have connected least with Bam, despite how beautiful it sounds. It might be because I donā€™t do huge, long ambient stuff too often. Itā€™s amazing for that, but easier for me to do that and work with itb - Valhalla VintageVerb and Goodhz Megaverb sound equally great to me.

I donā€™t use Bim and Bam so much these days but I also think about if I have a more hardware-based setup again in the future, in which case those are the delay and reverb units Iā€™d want.

Biscuit is my favorite box for noisy weirdness. I appreciate the softer bit and sample rate reduction in Ableton and Elektrons, but Biscuit has a sharpness to it that, when combined with the incredibly smooth filter, sounds like nothing else Iā€™ve heard (mind you I havenā€™t tried the vst). It also sounds great as a chorus unit and I love how the sample rate is tied to time in the delay mode. Biscuit crunches up drums like nothing else Iā€™ve heard. Iā€™m glad used prices are coming down so people who want one can hopefully get one.

3 Likes

Same, it was absolutely lovely and i really ought to have tested running in hotterā€¦ but i ended up going with Vahalla over trying to route BIM/BAM. I could probably have told the difference with a single synth into BIM, but in the mixā€¦ i just took the extra $900 and will put it towards something i need more.

2 Likes

I donā€™t see prices coming down over here in germany and i would expect theyā€™ll go up. Itā€™s still a rare device that enough people praise. I for myself only miss mine when iā€™m reading threads like this. :slight_smile: Great box but not what i needed for my music.

3 Likes

Itā€™s funny this thread was resurrected as I was speaking to a friend just the other day about parting with mine. He had expressed interest when I first got it. I just find it doesnā€™t make it on enough of my tracks. Itā€™s almost like itā€™s too distinct.

3 Likes

Where did you read something about this?

1 Like

I think there was a Facebook blurb awhile backā€¦ Iā€™ll look for the link.

1 Like

I think there were some hints in the comments:

3 Likes

I already use the BIM and if you use thru mode itā€™s comparable to the mpc 60 and studio 440 sound at around 35-40khz. I think someone told me the 16 bit thru mode of BAM is comparable to an Akai 16 bit sound too. So I am waiting for this box to happen.

3 Likes

I really hope itā€™s in the form of BIM/BAM/BOUM boxes. It would be cool if it was the OTO BON =)

If the 8 bit sounds like a Mirage sampler oh man that would be amazing.

5 Likes

@v00d00ppl sorry couldnā€™t resist :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

We want ze money or we fuck you up mahn!

5 Likes