OT TRig Conditions (TRC) thread

For both.

3 Likes

Maybe Rec Trigs Conditionsā€¦ :sketchy:

2 Likes

this would make it even easier for me to emulate LP5 era autechre using my OT+nord lead lol

2 Likes

Seriously, I sacrificed many for this alsoā€¦they didnā€™t deserve to live though :syringe:

Are you sure? is that fact?

Does that mean that 1shot midi trigs will be possible?

YES!!! :slight_smile:

How do you want to use midi ā€œone shotsā€ ?
I guess
One shot for fills would be FILL TRC
One shot for one long note would be FIRST TRC

2 Likes

Cheers :thup:
Wanted to send 1-shot midi notes to trigger clips in Ableton, which would further send midi cc data & notes to Resolume to control visuals.

2 Likes

My :elot: is hungry for firmware.

5 Likes

Iā€™m sitting here working on a new MIDI sequence and Iā€™m just paralyzed imagining all the possibilities. Itā€™s kind of bumming me out.

4 Likes

really curious to see how these will modify the ONE, HALF, TRIG, SYNC ONE, SYNC HALF, and SYNC TRIG LFO types. will a FIRST TRC trig on the first step make SYNC TRIG behave such that the LFO resets at the start of a pattern and then runs continuously (rather than resets at every 1st step of the 1st bar of the pattern)? if so that would solve a long-standing gripe Iā€™ve had with :elot:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, as they are linked to trigs, it seems that TRC will affect only plockable parameters, so no chance to automate Setup pages parameters, except with Parts.

I know that those parameters arenā€™t p-lockable, but I wonder if the underlying behavior of these LFO types that are already doing a sort of conditional triggering will be consistent with how conditional trigs will work at the step level. does that make sense?

If you can test this with an AR, A4/AK or DT, you will know for sure.

1 Like

A FIRST would act as a One shot, donā€™t you think ?

A One shot with LFO TRIG=TRIG doesnā€™t work for want you want ?

@tsutek True, Iā€™ll take a look at it on my AR, but weā€™ll only be able to test TRC interactions with the SYNC LFO variants when the new OT firmware gets released, as Elektron stopped including those in the newer sequencers.

@sezare56 Yes, a FIRST (one shot) with LFO TRIG=TRIG would work for what I want. Youā€™d have to dedicate an entire MIDI track for this one LFO, because you couldnā€™t lay down any other trigs on that track without resetting the LFO, but oh well !

The more that I think about it, I suspect that the SYNC types wonā€™t have their behavior changed at all, because theyā€™re tethered to the event of a ā€œtrackā€ restarting, which is independent of trigs. Most likely, @sezare56 's suggestion will be how to get there.

1 Like

I think you didnā€™t specified Midi Tracks before. :wink:
So I understand know. FIRST is welcome !

1 Like

Who is checking this page since december 2015 ?

7 Likes

Iā€™m just visiting the forum a lot. If an OT thread is at the top with 30+ new messages (like it was when this was revealed) I know itā€™s time to party.

4 Likes

Itā€™s like getting a new instrument for free

3 Likes

Iā€™m so pumped for this update! This is something Iā€™ve been hoping for since TRC was released for the AR and AF.

1 Like