Ot q/a

What the … no midi over USB ! … well there goes my plans to control stuff via Lemur (Directly, not via DIN, as reserved for footcontroller), seriously ! #arghhh #shocked

One of the few big-time omissions on the OT.

Otherwise, if you want just to save the sample quick from the Recorder menu you can press FUNCT+[BANK] then a menu will appear with the following options:

EDIT THIS RECORDING will open the recorded sample in the audio editor. The audio edi- tor is covered in the section “THE AUDIO EDITOR” on page 95.

SAVE THIS RECORDING
will save the recording made by the active track recorder to the Compact Flash card.

SAVE ALL RECORDINGS
will save all recordings of all track recorders to the Compact Flash card.

GO TO MEMORY CONFIG
will open the MEMORY menu, where the allocation of the RAM memory can be set. Read more about this menu on page 39.

Thanks for all the fbk so far folks - very helpful
Slowly getting there

Am I missing a trick to temporarily Mute an Effect on a given track ?

I know and love scenes, but i’m wondering if a simple toggle exists, like track mutes … i tried (Effect 1) + (No) as a guess but that did nothing, maybe there isn’t one, no harm in asking ??

Anyone know why the volume rises in 2s, it ‘distracts’ me trying to set it to 100 when it’s odd ! #ocd ?

[edit] i also don’t mean, just fn+mix encoder either to manually reduce it

You could use clear and undo on an effects page to get an effect mute type effect I guess but scenes are the easiest way (hold scene button and toggle different scenes)

Great tip, I use the clear a lot but forget about undo :slight_smile: Gives me most of the functionality red in that instance !

Day one with pickup machines, i have expectations (other looping h/w) which may be colouring my opinions somewhat - they’re not favourable at the moment !

Basics - I have everything setup just like in the official OT pickup demo
However, the playback of any audio I capture is significantly lower than the audition level - i have no other tracks playing, DIR is 0, gain is 0, no scenes, no fx, everything seems to be at ‘vanilla’ settings, yet the playback audio is noticeably quieter ! (studio mode fwiw)

what am i missing, must be something basic ? or is this a known thing …

I can get ‘unity’ between input and recorded playback by setting the AB level to 64 in the Recording setup page #2, but this contradicts the settings advised in both the pdf and the video, which shows no gain drop ! - can anyone confirm ?

There is a mode that lowers the gain of each ‘take’ - I’d check you don’t have that enabled by mistake - sounds like you haven’t - but worth a pop

^ That seems to be what the Gain knob is for (i’ve not tested), i’m guessing a bit like feedback on a delay line, but that is set to the default, ie 0, and i cannot find any other settings deeper in the menus ! I’m fairly sure this would be evident to others as being somehow ‘wrong’ ! bit stumped …

I have the Mixer Mix set to Main, and I am using 'phones, everything normal on mixer page too fwiw

Same issue if I switch to Normal (non-studio) mode or if I use the Main outs - the only way to get level parity is to set at AB on rec pg 2 to 64, if set to 127 (as recommended) is it significantly louder during audition than when played back !

?

whats the best way to get reverb/delay trails without stopping the sequencer? for some reason i thought i could do that by having a scene tied to level but that’s pretty much the same as if i muted a track.

right now i’m trying to be more performance oriented and making the most variety out of a single pattern and being able to do that would be awesome.

also i just found out that if you hold down the stop button and mash play, you can have a rhythmic stutter. before i would let go of stop and the timing would be too sloppy to be useful. very cool :slight_smile:

also i’m really looking into ways to incorporate the OT and other hardware into my DAW for composition rather than performance. anyone got experience using the OT for instance to sequence drum patterns from a soft sampler? nothing beats a step sequencer for programming drum patterns!!

Any other takers before I try support ? :slight_smile:

check your gain on the attributes page of the audio editor

Scene lock “vol” on the amp page.

That sounded like a good place to look, but the gain is also 0db there too !
I reckon there’s a 6dB drop in the recorded track compared to the input signal when I have AB set to 127 on Page 2 or rec-setup ! I’m on 1.25b

The input level equates to that when Dir is 127 in Mixer, it’s 0 when i’m recording and when i turn Dir up i disable the pickup - to avoid auditioning confusion !

how can i quickly revert to a part’s saved status? on the MD, im used to being able to hit function+extended/classic to undo changes made to a kit. is there a way for similar functionality on the OT? also, anything similar to MD’s function+data knob ability? or would those kind of large changes all be mapped to the cross fader?

I reckon there’s a 6dB drop in the recorded track compared to the input signal when I have AB set to 127 on Page 2 or rec-setup ! [/quote]
right… that’s why the default setting is +12db :wink:

func+cue… the OT’s most loved and hated shortcut!

I reckon there’s a 6dB drop in the recorded track compared to the input signal when I have AB set to 127 on Page 2 or rec-setup ! [/quote]
right… that’s why the default setting is +12db :wink: [/quote]
yeah, the puzzle fits together, a little better - i just don’t get why it had to be this way, as opposed to manually setting it like that if you wanted - it’s expanded here but i missed that recording 101 memo obviously !! it feels like a fix rather than best practice, just a hunch ! maybe it’ll make sense soon …

oops, missed that post. I agree it seems like an odd way for the machine to work. I assume there’s some technical reason for the sampling engine to reduce the gain, but it can definitely be fiddly to get everything even between the input gain, dir or thru level, and the sample’s gain attribute…