OT MkII resale value?

I’ve had my OT MkII for about 10 months and, as lovely as it is, I just can’t find an ‘in’ with it for my workflow or way of making music. Next to the Digitone it just doesn’t inspire me as much as I hoped it would. I’m probably going to let it go…

Is there much value in the second-hand market for Elektron gear? I don’t want to lose hundred on it but acknowledge that they’re expensive boxes and not everyone has the cash to drop on new gear all the time.

In the UK at least, the second hand market generally seems to have plummeted. I picked up an A4 with elektronauts bag and lid for £500. A boxed AK went unsold on eBay twice at £550.

If I were to sell my OT MK2 then personally I’d be looking for no more than £750 to move it on and even at that I don’t think it would shift quickly.

Just doesn’t seem a great time for sellers right now. Hasn’t been for the best part of two years or so.

Thanks, @J0n35y - it sounds like it’s not the right time. There’s no way I’d let it go for £750; that’s throwing away the best part of £500 (from when I bought it… I paid £1279 when it came out; they’re little over a grand now)

1 Like

I’ve seen folk put them up on eBay for more £850ish but they never seem to shift them. I’m quite an aggressive seller too and always looking for a quicker sell so maybe some will chip in with other thoughts!

I paid £930 from bax brand new about 4 months ago so guessing about £750 to £800 Is about the 2nd market price.keep it. It’s a grower.

2 Likes

Just got mine one for $900 (GBP 685.30), so I suppose it was a good buy!

3 Likes

Bargain price.cant believe there going so cheap