OT Effects

I’ve got a killer short live set that is basically the Monomachine running in song mode with a BBOX track running on separate outs to be processed by OT (all synth tracks from :elmm: running to inputs AB, and the BBOX drums running to CD). Using just the thru/neighbor machines and heaps of scenes and the crossfader and the freeze-delay controls which I almost understand. No sampling on the OT, no patterns, just live performance effects. Super fun. And a nice aid in helping bring out the BBOX sounds stronger from the MM.

3 Likes

Ot can be an amazing effect box even without the 8x2 Track FX, using sampling /resampling.

You can sample inputs, play it directly on several tracks with lfos on pitch (Microtiming, Timestretch off, Invert Tri wave), to have a great chorus/flanger.
It can be a crazy delay with pitch, feedback if you record SRC3 Cue/Main/Tx.
Anything you can do with a good delay, but you can add 3 lfos per track.

5 Likes

YEAH, more fx! resonator, pleeze.
what sucks, that some of the fx are not in both slots. that I mean
is really a pickle.

The comb filter is basically a resonator to some degree.
Also if you use neighbor tracks you can work around not having delays and reverbs in slot 1

4 Likes

agreed. one of my favs!
sad: only available on slot1 …so no doubledings

Neighbor tracks

I use a Thru track and 3 Neighbors for drums, soo fun

1 Like

Care to elaborate on this setup and how you use it? It has piqued my interest!

For example
Trk 1 Thru, Lofi > Comb
Trk2 Neighbor, Flange > Delay (no lock, no sync)
Trk3 Neighbor, Filter > Delay (locked, sync)
Trk4 Neighbor, DJ EQ > Dark Verb

This is my favorite configuration so far, been using it for years now.
Made LOTS of really cool scenes.
Some times per Bank (song) I will switch a couple up
I could do this with Parts, but I’m still undecided how I want or if I want to incorporate parts.

6 Likes

Thanks for the info - definitely going to try this configuration out over the weekend. Looks very fun!

1 Like

I use more and more Flex / Recordings instead of Neighbor. More possibilities, adding all Playback and Amp pages possibilities.
CUE recording with feedback can be insane, MAIN recording can be used as Main Neighbor (fx + delay for ex).

4 Likes

Curious about no lock / sync advantages.
I keep them all the time! :slight_smile:
I guess you use short delays in that case?
Interesting to modulate flanger delay with lfo btw…

2 Likes

It doesn’t get extremely different, but it does loosen things up a bit, especially if your going fo those really tight delay times.
Definitely need to experiment with feedback loops.

1 Like

My favorite is with CUE pitched 1 octave up + overdriven bandpass filter + delay…

Scary example?

Maybe a bad example, some settings too exagerated but it accelerates rhythms easily, (timestretch off), and can be used as a pitched delay with feedback…

4 Likes

This is cool, need to combine this effort with the osc feedback on the A4 and do a mega ambient set.
Would love a through breakdown of exactly what you got going on here.

2 Likes

I can upload the project if interested.

Basically : one 14MB wav sample from Firestarter trailer, 19 slices, 1 bar pattern.
Rnd lfos on slices, bal, scenes plocks on filters, RATE (set to TSTR), Master reverb time / mix…

One Flex playing CUE with pitch +12, timestretch off…

Made for @konputa’s challenge

2 Likes

@JuanSOLO? Here it is. Bank 5, pattern E02. From scene A.

8 Likes

Set up my 2nd OT this way tonight and it’s pretty wild!
Got kind of inspired by the new Make Noise Strega’s dirty delay. Experimented with FX1 Lofi and various things in FX2, plate, delay, spatializer. Using various parallel through tracks.

It’s a Part on my OT I will continue to develop over time. Trigs and scenes take it to the next level.

6 Likes

Are the Octatrack effects digital or analog? :thinking:

Very definitely digital!

3 Likes

That was quick!
cheers :slight_smile: