OS Upgrade: Analog Heat +FX OS 1.01

This also went out in the newsletter. Someone at Elektron is probably a bit frustrated right now :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

If you have tweak a preset and want to reload the same, then it’s 3 press (the last one for being sure to not loose your work). Maybe there could be an option to deactivate the third confirmation so just 2 press.

2 Likes

Indeed! Anyone tried it yet?

Ripped from the headlines!

Congrats +FX owners, what a great update! Gives confidence that there are some exciting things to come for other boxes!

WTG Elektron! Pushing out these updates and once again, proving undeniably that they listen to what the people want and work hard to bring it to them!

12 Likes

Thought it’s just a copy and paste issue/left-over from the past Rytm release.

Edit: Ah, seems they just sent out an updated newsletter

2 Likes

Cool update.

Nothing like a good random name generator.

4 Likes

Right, I see that now!

“(Sans Euclidean Mode - would be awesome, but a bit of a challenge without a sequencer. Another time, in another dimension).” :wink:

Edit: The parts of this update I appreciate the most are LFO slew and the extra parameters. Thanks Elektron! :clap:

2 Likes

Oh shoot, you’re right. Well, this wasn’t good at all. I was totally fine with the way it worked before, but this made it much harder to make instant reloads on time (without having to prepare too long in advance by cuing up the last step). I feel more and more that Elektron is trying to tell me that I’m using this box in the wrong way :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yesterday, before the new firmware dropped, I finally tested to sequence it with program change from a DN and it’s awesoooome, transforming the AH+FX into an IDM beast with PC plocked on midi track. But it means that this device is clearly think to work with a digibox (the others can’t plock PC).
The new workflow to load a preset on the new firmware made me think that Elektron are kind of improvising with this device, as it was not totally finish when they released it…
But with the new randomization function per page, we can imagine they’ll add a shortcut like flow+heat+no to recall instantly the save state of the current preset.

4 Likes

Hey, that’s a really good idea! @Elektron :upside_down_face:

One of the core functions that I use on all my Elektron boxes is to mess upp saved states beyond recognition, something that I always feel comfortable in doing since I know I can revert back to a useable state instantly (in other words, musically). I would just like to have this mindset when using the Analog Heat +FX as well.

8 Likes

Finally got a chance to try out the new output gain setting, works perfectly, love it. 18db leaves me with plenty of headroom left in the mixer. I do wish it was global rather than per preset but I understand the logic, I think

3 Likes

Anyone else having a problem with Audio over USB after updating? Basically playing audio from my computer using the Heat as my audio interface, input output on heat is showing up in box, but no audio from speakers. When I switch to my other interface I hear audio. Was working fine before update

Can we still not sync the LFO phase to MIDI start? Having to use the foot switch/env input to do this is ridiculous. Please fix this.

Hey, you can plock program changes from the DN sequencer? how? i was under the impression PC messages could only be sent outside of the sequencer ie when the actual pattern on the master device changes

So if i’m not crazy, GONE is the ability to instantly scroll and audition any preset from the list or with FLOW+HEAT and the navigation encoder alone? like auditioning track sounds before selecting on the other boxes?

I have to now one by one press FLOW+HEAT, move my hand to YES to access the presets screen, scroll to one i don’t really remember the sound of and press YES yet again to audition it, only to discover it’s not the one i wanted and repeat this ad nauseum? Live? Am i missing something because this has really killed the flow of the box dead for me.

Am i missing something? because this is very jarring and seems overthought. I don’t want to have to buy a cumbersome external midi switcher solution to change programs

5 Likes

have you installed the latest version of overbridge?

1 Like

Considering it was the major deal-breaker for a lot of people, I haven’t seen much about the updated output levels / gain staging. How is it?

1 Like

Works great :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I really like the random naming feature!

Elektron updates are the adult version of Christmas morning :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Works well! I need to experiment with which level to set it to, and I think it’s saved to presets rather than globally, but a lot neater than having to use other gain plugins afterwards to get the levels back to around the mark they were before adding the AHFX.

1 Like