One of those what should I buy questions

If you can stretch the budget for a TI Snow would be my choice.
Extremely powerful, capable of any sound possible.
Only catch due to its cut down interface from its big brothers it’s best to use with its TI VST for more advanced programming.

1 Like

Unfortunately not however the interaction between keyboard and sequencers makes step sequencing a doddle.

1 Like

A Virus Snow would definitely fit the criterias. Except for the budget :sweat_smile:

A Virus Snow would definitely fit the criteria. Except for the budget :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I own a Virus Snow as well as the JD-Xi, and even though I love it the Snow is not a clear winner over the Roland (but it is a nice sized desktop model).
Standalone I prefer the JD-Xi, hooked up to a computer I prefer the Snow. Also I think the Snow is no longer in production so you would have to wait for a second hand one.

1 Like

Ha ha yeah it’s perfect on paper, but really not to my ears!

1 Like

I’ll take a listen to some demos then. Cheers!

1 Like

Yeah unfortunately as much as I would love one, I’m not going to be able to stretch to it. In fact, it seems like used prices have shot up over the last couple of years, making it further out of reach.
Shame as the Arp on that is the nuts

Ah OK. That sucks as I don’t have the space for the keys. Nice to have it on my radar though.

If you need info on this, post your questions on the dedicated thread : the man behind Audiothingie will answer your questions I believe.

1 Like

Sweet. I sent him an email via the site, however if he’s active I may get a quicker answer.

Maybe another Blofeld?
I don’t like the sound personally, apart from its pads/soundscapes that you are after

That was my initial thought, as I love the sound, and how flexible it is in respect of mods etc.
However it’s a little shy of 10 years old I belive, so thought I’d see what options are out there. Also nowadays within that price range there’s a lot of choices.

At least I know if I don’t find what I need, what I need does exist in the form of the blofeld! :smile:

I do. When I’m writing a track using a process I dubbed - unleashing the power of my studio - it is a part of my signal chain. There are probably better options for filter, distortion, resonator and delay but it’s all one box, stereo, and I own it.

1 Like

I like the tubes one… particularly if you replace the tubes. Super versatile and very creative as an instrument t. Mixes well too.

Ha very true.
I think I get a better feeling when I find I can do something new, with something I already own, over buying something new.

Are the fx tied to the sequencer, or is it just plug in and you’re good to go?

The sequencer is optional but amazing.

Kinda like a dsi plock thing?

Korg Minilogue, maybe 2nd hand?
Saw the keys off, naturally.

1 Like

I did consider it, but you’re right. It’s the keys.

1 Like