Octratrack - Thru machine to flex part - Help!

Hi!

So I just got myself an octatrack in large part to watching a video of Cenk doing some live resampling. Bought his video on how to do it, but can’t seem to get it right. The thru machine works fine, I’m running my DT through the OT. I have set it to record 16 bars, and the recording seems to work fine, but when i switch to the part with the flex machine it collapses. Set a trig on trig 1, and the sample triggers, but it immediately stops, and seems to trigger again in random spots after the trigger. If i set a trigger on another point, like 8, it loops just fine. Any ideas? Could it be because I’m using the DT as midi master?

Edit: Ok, I got it. Had to turn of TSTR, which i assume is timestretch. Long road ahead with this thing :smiley:

2 Likes

To add to this topic, you could directly use a flex. Set a record and a playback trig on step one. Same as thru machine but you have access to src and amp page functions as if you were playing a sample.

2 Likes

Cool, I’ll check that out. Quick question, how do you set both a record and playback trig on the same step? Record is red, playback is green?

both red, but on different layers of the same track
the recording track is in parallel on the same track (as audio) and is accessed by FN+one of the Rec a:b c:d buttons - whilst in either of those setup pages the sequencer track is for recorder trigs

3 Likes

To add a little more,

Record trigs are on a specific page accessed as Avantronica suggested.

The differents trigs on the playback track ( when you only press “rec” )

Are :

• standard playback trigs : Trigs sample, lfos and fx env - Full red color. Rec mode on select any empty step
  • One shot : same as trig except it trigs only once - Yellow then blinking when trigged. Rec mode,Function + existing standard trig
  • Trigless lock : P-locks parameters without retriggering playback,lfos or env. Dim green. Rec mode,Function + empty step
  • Trigless trig : same as trigless lock but retrigger lfos or env. Full green. Rec mode, Function + existing trigless lock.

Made this from memory, not in front of ot atm and I’m not using t locks and t trigs everyday… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thanks for all the input, guys. I think the fact that I have had the DT for a while will really help me with this machine. The terms and structure makes sense. Even so I expect some hardcore profanity moments.

1 Like

Did we mention slide trigs…Yet… ? :smiley:

2 Likes

or trigless trigs?

1 Like

Yes, I actually understand those after hearing the insane trig conversations that happen around here :smiley: Not too sure about slide trigs though.

You forgot trig modes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Tell me if I missed some !

AUDIO TRACKS :
Grid Recording
Tracks
Chromatic
Slots
Slices
Quick Mute
Delay Control

Track Trig Edit :
Trigs
Slide
Swing
Rec trigs

Recording Setup :
Rec Trigs

MIDI TRACKS :
Grid Recording
Tracks
Chromatic
Quick Mute

Track Trig Edit :
Trigs
Swing

Others :
Mixer
Scene A
Scene B
Pattern Scale
Bank Change
Pattern Change

Man, the love is real. My own little tiny merlin guide :heart:️ The one that really caught my attention was the swing trig. You can have swing per track, and even swing per trig on the OT?

2 Likes

Yep. Different values per track, applied to selected trigs.

1 Like

Sweet!