Octatrack - What am I missing when saving a Project?

Patterns have no knowledge of Machine Settings and/or Samples.

Patterns have a reference to a Part.

Octatrack%20Parts

2 Likes

OK, I will study that part of the manual1 Thank you!!

Are you in LA by any chance?

OK FINALLY, I think I get it!! Merlin strikes again! PARTS! Save 4 Parts, have 4 different configurations of machines, Sounds, Scenes. Patterns only feed the parts w Trig and parameter lock info! On the way…

Ak

You got it! The logical approach is to use 4 patterns per part, that way they’re equally divided. But obviously the flexibility is there to distribute them however you want. Parts can be changed instantly so good for mixing up a pattern. Also a standard live trick: save part, mess up knobs, reload part.

YAY!!! Thanks!!! I have the AKeys and was so tied to the idea of the Kit/Pattern relationship, I could not shake it!!

Just replace mentally the word “part” with “kit”.

It’s almost the same concept then (beside that you are limited to only 4 “kits” per bank) …

2 Likes

Btw, when you sequence your gear with the OTs midi tracks you have to keep in mind that the OT stores bank and progam numbers in the midi note setup and only sends out program changes when you switch to another part (or reload the active part).

So when you want to change a patch on a synth, thats sequenced by the OT, you have to use a new part.

2 Likes

Good to know Schnork! At this point I am syncing OT and Keys to Ableton, playing a Sensory Percussion kit and Push2 live… :wink: