Octatrack Sampling Issue

Hello,

Just recently got a MK II and am battling with the sample recording. I’ve recorded in a couple bass lines using the a midi’d sequence and am getting a little bit of distortion on playback. Is this down to a wrong recording method or should I be worried?

Other samples seem to be ok and when i play the bass line through AB and midi without recording it seems fine. Just started to panic that my machine was broken though!

Thanks

Sounds to me like your recording is having a heap of gain applied to it. Don’t have my OT in front of me but from memory it applies gain to a recording in any case so I guess that could distort things if you are already on the cusp of maxing out.

When playing through AB is the light constantly in the red? Or is it green/amber?

Could be some other track specific settings though too. If you cant spot it easy, best solution is to start a new project with default settings and try again!

Thanks! Yes, that’s what i thought to do. Start a new project.

Regarding the lights, no peaking still green amber.

Tom

1 Like

Surely broken, send it to me.

Recording can be ok, playback too loud > distortion.
Listen to the recording with FN+YES to check.

1 Like

Haha, thanks :slight_smile:

Did you normalise it?

No I haven’t. I’ll try all of the above advice when i get home very soon. Thanks

Maybe set the fx slots on that track to ‘none’ just to eliminate anything happening there.