Octatrack Recording Glitch

A–B C–D Inputs are glitching out on my DPS-1 - When I turn the machine on the A—B and C–D Lights will be turned on but there is nothing plugged into
the back of the machine or anything utilizing those inputs. Furthermore when these Lights are on, I can’t perform because there is no Main Out Sound. Sometimes when I plug in a standard headphone to quarter inch adapter in inputs A or B and Pull it back out these lights will shut off. But the situation is getting worse sometimes the lights never shut off and no sound is going through the machine.

Intermittent static signal on the inputs when there is nothing plugged in happens with some of the earlier machines i believe. Not sure about the other issue mentioned, re/ no main output sound … check the Mix settings are correct for that i guess just to be sure.

the intermittent static issue on the inputs is fixed by having something always plugged into both stereo inputs. or sending it back to the place of purchase for a free fix.

i’m renting this mkII currently so eventually will send it back for a different one, but right now it doesn’t bother me as i have instruments plugged into the ABCD inputs, thus, no intermittent crackling issue. Not sure why this works but it does, thankfully.

1 Like