Octatrack OS update wishlist

In slice and slot mode, you have a cursor indicating playback position. It works for samples up to about 13 min length.

I would like to see ā€œaudio morphingā€ between two samples!

The idea/thought came to my mind as I was reading about the new features for the new Kyma OS7.

I have an example here:
Woman to cat < baby to dog to Harley etc.
http://ssc-media.com/Audio/mp3/morphs.mp3

when you using different scale per track a way to control the master track lenght as fast as when you are in standard mode where all the tracks have the same lenght ā€¦

Vinyl sim effect. Amount of crackle/dust/noise, maybe even things like playing with RPM/fidelity, warped record, etc.

Or just add a crackle amount knob to the LoFi Collection, Iā€™d be happy enough with that.

Thereā€™s a Goldbaby sample pack that does this perfectly well, donā€™t think it needs to be synthesized, personally.

My bi-annual submission of wish items:

1. Single MIDI command to sample audio, slice it, and assign it to locks - all in one step. The Yellofier app on IOS does exactly this - you click one button and the audio is sliced and assigned to 8 different pads in one shot. Separate config page(s) to set number of slices, whether to assign to random locks or linear locks, etc.

2. Option to slice by transient, not just zero crossings.

3. Option to allow signal to pass through a Thru Machine without having to start the sequencer. Sometimes I like to improvise with my viola through effects and such without any obvious beat going on, then kick in the sequencer.

2. Option to slice by transient, not just zero crossings.

+1 for this

3. Option to allow signal to pass through a Thru Machine without having to start the sequencer. Sometimes I like to improvise with my viola through effects and such without any obvious beat going on, then kick in the sequencer.

You just need to trig the track - no need to start the sequencer.

This is the best kind of wish list item - one that already came true, despite the ignorance of the wisher. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks, will check this out!

Send to the Spring reverb is kind of essential for Dubbing and not complicated to implement surely?! The option is there in the Dark reverb menu but not the Springā€¦AArrgh!!
Please Elektron??!!

Midi implementation for Parts.

• Part change via midi CC
  • On Part change, send midi CC

Then you could hook up two Octatracks, and have the parts be in sync with each other.

Requested 25th June 2014, usual cookie cutter support response :confused:

i think there wonā€™t be that much updates anymore

See here: http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=172702&catid=9
Itā€™s pretty hacky, and youā€™ll need a MIDI thru box if you want to still sequence other gear while doing this, but you should be able to loop a MIDI cable from the OTā€™s Out back into its In, and set an LFO to CC#48 to modulate the crossfader.

Another mode for the track play menu besides plays free, lets call it ā€œprogression modeā€. Every time you trigger the track, the next (lit) step is played back. So, if you have some chords dialed in, you can play them via a single button press, with the progression that is programmed playing outā€¦ It can be interesting as a sequence playing tool tooā€¦
Holding the trig would play out the sequence normally.

ā€˜progression modeā€™ !!

a real neat and unique ideaā€¦ I could definitely imagine using this in a live performanceā€¦

Iā€™d +1 that. I tend to create ā€œdronyā€ sounds by pitching down samples heavily, and using Volca Sample for this purpose feels odd (apart from the fact that samples played via VS lose a lot of quality, which is not always desired).

With that said, Iā€™ve only just bought the Octatrack, so maybe there is a way of doing this that Iā€™m not yet aware of.

A simple way to bounce the currently selected sample thru the currently selected tracks FX, where it apples the fx and replaces the audio in the buffer with the processed version

i know you can resample blah blah, but a quick bounce/ render function would be great

Another +1 for this, great idea!![/quote]
Yes +1!
mkdsl, you should put this in as a feature request through the elektron support page.

Did someone say one shot trigs in the MIDI sequencer yet?

Iā€™m using my OT for DJ /remix purposes & employ the slice trig mode to fire song section loops on tracks 1 & 5 (no beforehand sequencing). The fader is set up to cross-fade between the both tracks.

This usually works perfectly fine and is a fun way to mashup songs live. Only caveat though is that OT requires me to beat-sync the slices manually (yeah, I know, thatā€™s what DJs have essentially been doing for decades :slight_smile: ). But I think this workflow would be much more comfortable if there was some way to quantize my trig inputs. With this I imagine pressing the trig button would not fire the slice immediately but rather ā€œprepareā€ it for the next 1/4 step or some other adjustable interval so everything is tidy and the tracks always synchronized.

Of course I could sequence trigs on the beginning of each track, but that would force me to use the encoder to select the next slice which is imo much less practical compared to having a complete set of 16 trigs visually laid out in front of you. Also stuff like live-retriggering different slices independent from the running pattern would suck (since Iā€™d have to sequence everything)

Iā€™ll second that.
A modern poly sampler to stand out from all the monophonic groovebox samplers.