Octatrack OS Bug Reports

Thanks Rusty…Which OS version are you running?

Thanks Rusty…Which OS version are you running?[/quote]
OSv1.25E

OSv1.25E[/quote]
Is it possible for you to load up OS 1.25H and confirm these bugs?

OSv1.25E[/quote]
Is it possible for you to load up OS 1.25H and confirm these bugs?[/quote]

Zero chance of me upgrading right now, I have to support my existing customers, who are 90% on 1.25E, and I’m not going to upgrade to 1.25H just for the sake of testing the OS.

Both of those bugs have been logged a long time ago…

• Parts, v0.98 (?)
  • Mute, 1.25B

OSv1.25E[/quote]

Zero chance of me upgrading right now, I have to support my existing customers, who are 90% on 1.25E, and I’m not going to upgrade to 1.25H just for the sake of testing the OS.

• Parts, v0.98 (?)
  • Mute, 1.25B[/quote]
    Then if these are confirmed bugs i can stick them to the 1st post till they fixed…Thanks anyway man :wink: Ah and keep up the good work with Octaedit!

OSv1.25E[/quote]

• Parts, v0.98 (?)
  • Mute, 1.25B[/quote]
    Then if these are confirmed bugs i can stick them to the 1st post till they fixed…Thanks anyway man :wink: Ah and keep up the good work with Octaedit![/quote]
    a) Parts… well… not a documented feature, but I personally think you should be able to do so.

b) Mutes… Be good for someone else to test… Bug? Multiple track mute/unmute. Test please

1 Like

Busy coding away as we talk… some more nifty little functionality…

Sticked them as known issues with a question mark…Thanks!

Sample nudge is broken in OS 1.25H confirmed

Here is the previous forum effort to consolidate all Octatrack bugs:
http://www.elektronauts.com/t/ot-known-bugs-workarounds-document/8475/68782

OT is a great idea and was ahead of its time on release, but has since been left half-baked and ridden with problems with either bugs or awkward/tedious work flows/simple things missing. And now every bug fix introduces new bugs. With no new os features to sweeten the taste. I’m amazed no other company has bought out something that competes by now. So as it stands I’d never get rid of mine. But jeez, after having it a few months I’m way less in awe of elektron than I was beforehand… Been hoping for a huge update with new features and refinements but at this rate I’d be happy for it just to all ‘work’.

Ah thanks for that didn’t see it…Such a shame for Elektron not to sticky a Bugs thread so any of us can help them to maintain a more stable OS.Also a sticky thread about feature request would be fantastic and extremely creative.Well…guessing i’m night dreaming here…

The phenomena of fixes breaking other things often happens in software when you have new developers working on an existing code base without the benefit of having the original developers around.

Having an automated test suite, unit tests, and a rigorous regression test plan in place goes some way to mitigating the problem. However the OT is a complex machine and if in fact the original developers have moved on/out, then the likelihood of having a comprehensive set of fixes/features/cleanup (i.e. - finally ‘fixing’ the issues) is very small.

Most probably we’ll see fixes and small changes trickle out until they decide to completely shelve it. So don’t hold out hope for big things like Pickup Machines playing nice with external clocking or any of the other long-standing difficult issues.

The phenomena of fixes breaking other things often happens in software when you have new developers working on an existing code base without the benefit of having the original developers around.

Having an automated test suite, unit tests, and a rigorous regression test plan in place goes some way to mitigating the problem. However the OT is a complex machine and if in fact the original developers have moved on/out, then the likelihood of having a comprehensive set of fixes/features/cleanup (i.e. - finally ‘fixing’ the issues) is very small.

Most probably we’ll see fixes and small changes trickle out until they decide to completely shelve it. So don’t hold out hope for big things like Pickup Machines playing nice with external clocking or any of the other long-standing difficult issues.[/quote]
Definitely not holding out for any significant changes. Pretty bummed to pay a grand for a machine that isn’t finished, might never be finished, though. OT is way overpriced by today’s standards. The code/work flow is the main value of the unit… ram, screen, dsp/cpu etc are outdated now, build quality is pretty good but if the code isn’t 100% and has bugs then it shouldn’t be sold as this ‘super boutique’ sampler. They’ve had enough time to sort this all out now. They should have addressed OT bugs before they buried themselves in overbridge.

LOL. What sophisticated instrument is “100 %” and has no bugs? What machine compares with the OT in terms of functions? Why do you say it’s overpriced when …

…[/quote]
…[/quote]

LOL. What sophisticated instrument is “100 %” and has no bugs? What machine compares with the OT in terms of functions? Why do you say it’s overpriced when …

…[/quote]
…[/quote]

[/quote]
LOL you missed the point.

…[/quote]
…[/quote]

[/quote]
Just because I said I’d never get rid of mine because there is no other machine that really competes as far as code goes (ableton+ a cheap laptop aside) that doesn’t really qualify as my validating the OT’s high price so long after release. You ever been on a ferry and had to pay like £2.50 for a bag of crisps or something because there are no other options? It’s bullshit right? Maybe you’re someone who’d argue that because there are no other options available in the middle of the ocean then that’s fair enough and it’s worth it. I always think it just sucks…

Feels like I bitch too much on here. Just frustrated that I had freezes instantly on my OT cos of the ‘auditioning samples in flex slots in realtime’ crash problem. That was months ago and I still can’t update my machine because the fix for that issue has caused other os problems. Real-time audition is a huge part of work flow for a lot of people and using static instead isn’t always feasible. Just give me the machine/functions I paid for and I’ll STFU :wink:

No-one likes being gouged by a monopoly, but that’s not the case here: there are plenty of other software and hardware instruments to choose from, including secondhand OTs.

It just struck me as interesting that you were saying that the OT is both “way overpriced” and irreplaceable. Thought experiment: how much would you sell your OT for?

(Edit: just saw your post immediately above this one. Those crashes suck and let’s hope Elektron fixes it quickly, as they for sure should.)

Problem for me is half the time I dont know if its user error or bugs with the OT.

Where’s that analogback? he’s got the scope on the OT.