Octatrack + Nordlead A1: Anyone?

Hello there,

Is there anyone using the Octatrack to midi control the A1/A1r?
I only have issues with program/bank changes. That’s fucking weird and totally boring when it’s time to use the bank/program change.

Sometimes it works. And then after it doesn’t work. No changes at all, or sometimes Banks are incremented…

I’m tired. I don’t know who fucks?! The OT? The A1r?

On a paper, that’s the ultimate combo for me. In reality, that’s a nightmare.

I guess that’s only a question of settings…

Please anyone, share your knowledge about this combo :slight_smile:

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/default/files/files/downloads/manuals/nord-lead-a1/Nord%20Lead%20A1%20English%20User%20Manual%20v1.3x%20Edition%20F.pdf#page33

Does this work? I’m on my phone, sorry I can’t be of more help right now.

1 Like

You didn’t tell us under which circumstances things work or do not work.

Are you aware that the OT only sends Bank Select and Program Messages when it switches to a pattern that is linked to a different Part?

What values of Bank Select message are you trying to send, and which ones give you problems?

Hi!

Yes, I’m aware of that point. I have 2 parts, 4 midi tracks in each. My initial idea was to send Midi Program and Midi Bank for each Midi track when I switch between patterns. And it sucks, because of the Bank Change.

What values of Bank Select message are you trying to send, and which ones give you problems?

As I know A1r responds to Bank Change with CC00 and CC32, I’ve set all my midi tracks (for the two parts) with CC6=CC00, value 0 and CC7=CC32, value X. Program change has been set for each track.

When I hit play, no problem. Then I switch from pattern 1 (part1) to pattern 2 (part2), sometimes there are no problems. Sometimes there are no changes for some tracks only or for all tracks… Same thing when I switch from pattern 2 (part2) to pattern 1 (part1).

I hate this. It’s like a random situation and I hate this because I’m preparing a live concert.

Yesterday evening, I’ve tried something: no Bank changes, only Program changes. And you know what? I had FUN!!! FUUUUUNNNNN!!! It works like a charm :slight_smile:

From now, I will organize all my favorite patches in just one bank, and that’s it. Bank Change between OT and A1r is for Hardcore Users :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy:

I love the Octatrack but I hate it too at the same time. :sob: :heart:

Thanks for you help, guys.