Octatrack multisamples, slices via Midi

Hello Peoples, hopefully you can help me.

Is there a way to trigger multisamples and slices from my external gear, for example a Midi keyboard?

Thanx for your help.
Greetz Dirk

search triggering slices #elektron-gear:octatrack

it’s been discussed a lot

TLDR not without some other midi processor

3 Likes

Hello Clancy.

Thx for your fast responese.

It seems like it will work with plenty of programming and Then, not really Nice. And propably i Need something like this:

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm

:sob:

Are you opposed to using an iPad? I’m sure there are iPad apps that let you set up a MIDI Macro.

2 Likes

Hello Mekohler.

I dont want to use and iPad or an Computer.

But no Problem.

Thanx Greetz Dirk

It is simple to program. I made it work with MPC1000 JJOS2XL, Event Processor Plus, Retrokits Rk002, MEP4.
Doable with Bomebox too I guess.

Rk002 seems the cheapest. I can share the script I made for it.

The annoying thing is that it uses the crossfader.
You can record slices and changes scenes when you’re done.

1 Like

Hello Sezare.

If i understood you right, i Need just one:

Event Processor Plus, or Retrokits Rk002, or MEP4, or bomebox.

Than i be able to trigger multisamples, slices from my external Midi device?

Thanx and Greetz

What do you mean with multi samples ?

With RK002, you can use OT 8 voices with a keyboard, (each note splits to a different channel) but you won’t be able to control different slices for each track, as it uses crossfader, common for all tracks.

So if you want to control slices, it has to be on 1 track only at a time, monophonic, unless you don’t use crossfader, but you’d have 20ms latency.

That said I’d like to program something poly with slices without the crossfader, with 20 ms latency, with slow attack sounds like pads.

2 Likes

With multisamples i ment f. E. Classical a Piano placed on more steps on the Keyboard ( with more than 1 sample )

I think i use the Octatrack in this abstrakt ways and get a multisampler for classical sampling.

Thanx and Greetz

I was just looking at Midi Designer Pro 2’s recent update notes & there’s now some new feature where you can set up rules for midi processing that might do this. Haven’t had time to try it

It would work with a piano sample chain, but monophonic, tail cut…

Ive got the Mpc500 for that.

Will it need to have an Event Processor Plus (instead of the RK002) to control the slices via MIDI ?
Or do we get this limitation in any Midi box ?

thanks

The limitation is the use of the scenes and crossfader of Octatrack. Principle is the same with all midi processors.
Send CC17, CC48, Note.

So, just to make sure! Can i get the RK002, which is rather cheaper, instead of the EPP and use it to trigger Slices with MIDI?

P.S I’ve read that other thread where you gave the details about how you did it with EPP :slight_smile:

Thanks again

So you missed the post about RK002 :

I made that script helped by @grit from Retrokits. :wink:

To program it, you have to install Arduino Software, and copy / paste scripts.
My script works, but you can modify it.

2 Likes