Octatrack Mk II listed at juno?

the original link still works but it does appear to be hidden on juno…

What would also make sense is to make it a bit more future proof. OT is dried up and stacked full OS wise. Maybe they will upgrade it in such a way that elektron can keep developing it.

So, if its true i believe the more subtle and hardware related upgrades to be true. Like always, elektron release a product and then take years to reach the final OS. That could mean that any changes made wont be mind boggling at first, but truely essential in the end.

Trying to cover it up but still a few loose ends. Whoops

1 Like

i think juno had more DT’s than anyone and they had them first so maybe they have a deal with elektron. they’ll probably get the first ones from the next batch

Maybe replace the USB architecture so it is OB compatible

1 Like

Not anymore

3 Likes

true lol

1 Like

Someone must have had their morning coffee and logged on at Elektron HQ by now. Come on you guys, spill the beans.

Its truuuue!!!

2 Likes

as expected, the DT was a OT lite … part of the same project :slight_smile:

I will say, that image looks like it was hastily put together… that does not look like an oled screen,
and I’m surprised if they stay with CF rather than move to SD card

Site’s getting hammered - “Error establishing a database connection”!

No mention of new OS or added functionality.
@PeterHanes really IS The Oracle!
Does look very nice in grey though.

4 Likes

So there’s really no new actual features as such? It doesn’t even seem to be advertising OB compatibility. Seems strange if they’ve just re-housed in a more sturdy box after all the requests in the past few years.

Need some solid details on future OS feature parity now, so I can decide if to return my fresh MKI or not.

I was thinking the same thing. I think this may have been a damage limitation exercise with their hand being forced.
Not sure Juno are gunna be on Elektron’s Christmas card list this year!

1 Like

good point, no mention of overbridge… that would indicate a move…
perhaps that dodgy looking image on an oled, really is just the old OS code, scaled up to oled.
hmm… will be interesting to see this develop

Oh my god I just shit my pants!

Head over here to continue this chat … :arrow_forward:

2 Likes