Octatrack Midi CC pedal for Pickup Machine use

That would be very dependant on situation, now wouldnĀ“t it?

yes, indeed :relaxed: ā€¦thereā€™s something missing in the post actually :confused:: ā€˜ā€¦when using pickup machinesā€™ ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m bumping this thread to ask if anyone has used the Soleman foot controller that @miketheman mentioned with Octatrack? Iā€™m contemplating on buying it.

Check this topic:

1 Like

hey everyone!

Crashing this thread after the factā€¦ i have two octas and need to find two cheap-but-good midi footswitch controllers, one for each OT so a friend and i can loop syncā€™ed style (the behringer one and roland FC300 seem good options, but i need something much smaller, 3-5 switches would suffice).

did anybody find any great pedals that work? have combed through the web, called my local guitar center, and have been back and forth with my sweetwater guy and this seems to be a blind spot in the octa/elektron community.

Would elektron design a simple pedal for us?

you could have a look at this thread :slight_smile:

Hey @guga
Thanks for your reply.
I did buy and try the RJM Mastermind LT MIDI foot controller.

https://www.rjmmusic.com/mastermind-lt/

Itā€™s built like a tank, itā€™s relatively portable, deep in functionality but so simple to program. and it works like a charm!

:beers:

1 Like

Hereā€™s my code for the DMC-6. Iā€™ll put up the code for the 7D if someone is interested.

1 Like

Has anyone here ever tried Looptimus?
https://looptimus.com/looptimus/

Looks like you subsequently found a topic about Lootimus:

I tried the DMC micro, works with the midi notes 64&60
BUT:
The buttons fire always an RELEASE.
With quantised looping (with sequencer) thatā€™s no problem, but if you start a loop with no seq., then itā€™s always imperfect.

DMC told me all DMC switchers fire on release, so its useless for me.
The Gecko 3 does only PC.
The fs2 does CC, but not with selectable Value (what we need)
AAAAAAHHHHH.

Is there any small solution?
I canā€™t DYI.

Source Audio Soleman the smallest?
Anybody has it?

I see what you mean, had this with another device. I had to press wait and release at the right moment. Pretty disturbing.
I donā€™t know workarounds, maybe you can find switches correcting that behaviour, with a release just after beginning of switch courseā€¦:sketchy:

Iā€™m also wondering if someone has tried thisā€¦?

In the meantime I bought a soleman, itā€™s great, fires when pressing, not the release, is easy to program with the editor and could do muuuuuch more than I use, maybe goof for later.
Highly recommended, the source audio soleman

3 Likes

He Guys,
there is a little affordable Midi Board:
Meloaudio Midi Commander/Harley Benton MP100
I play Guitar and want to loop with the Octatrack, be able to select different tracks and to control some FX with an expression Pedal.
Seems to be the right Pedal.
Does someone have experience or knowledge if this would be the right pedal?
Greetings

Seems ok on paper. You need to be able to send notes for Pickup control, and Control Changes for the expression pedal.

I didnā€™t know the Mp100 was also the Midi Commander.

1 Like

A new interesting MIDI pedal got recently released. Seems more powerful than DMC stuff and also has the ability to convert expression pedal input into CC: https://www.morningstarfx.com/mc6-mkii

1 Like

In a quick glance in the PDF manual. I couldnā€™t see any options of sending #NN (note numbers). But it seems possible to use #CC (controller changes). OT is supposed to be able to convert #CC into #NN in regard to that many foot controllers doesnā€™t transmit #NN to begin with. So it might depend a bit your specific needs/requirements.

Source Audio Soleman controller has less switches but quite clever programming options.

Yes indeed. I though it was possible.

Yes. Using CC59, its values correspond to notes on. (CC60 is for notes off).
Btw, in MP100 mnual I saw sub parameters (values) possibilities, but it was not clear how to set them.

My experience so far with gear, whenever Iā€™ve come across anything unclear in its manual. Is to expect worst case scenario. Sometimes Iā€™ve even got the feeling that some bits in manuals are unclear on purpose to avoid potential customers steering towards other gear/brand. Same with published specifications. You read what you want to read in anything (unclear)ā€¦

Learned that the hard wayā€¦