Octatrack. Master Volume of Cue Out in Studio Mode

Hello,

Am I right in thinking it is impossible to control the master volume of the cue output in studio mode. When I click on my master track, I see the right side channel is greyed out. I can raise and lower it but it has no effect. This seems very odd. Am I missing something?

Maybe for a special routing reason, but Cue audio output is not available from master track.

What do you want to do? Maybe we can find a solution with recorders…

Thanks. Thought not. I’m using the OT as a performance mixer with two stereo outputs. I wanted to be able to tweak up and down the two audio groups independently and without tying up the crossfader.

Maybe you can use Neighbours like here :

1 Like

Hey everyone, I’m having a similar situation where having the cue level available on The master (track 8) would be very useful…

I work with a singer and when we play live I use the OT as a hardware ableton my singer is asking me for a different mix in her IEM and I don’t want to mess the balance for the FOH, so I thought of using cue outputs as an alternative OT mix for the singer. So far so good, but the singer also wants different overall levels for songs so that’s where it would have been handy to control the cue output master volume quickly.

I can’t think of a workaround at the moment so I’m hoping the collective mind can help.

Sing, or change the singer? :slight_smile:

There is Master CUE level in MIXER page.

2 Likes

Since we re promoting her album it’s going to be hard to replace her lol.

Also it’s better for the world if I refrain from singing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll check the mixer menu.

2 Likes

Ok I looked at the mixer page and it seems that it’s not bank dependent so any changes done will not change when I change banks or parts. Am I correct? Or is there a way to automate that?

Correct. I can’t see other solution than setting CUE level for each track / bank.
Give access to a mixer fader to the singer maybe.

Tell her to get a small mixer for her in-ears so she can get it right just like she wants it by herself.

1 Like

Yep. That’s what I meant…:wink:

Well, not really the same thing… I have quite some experience in this domain and my advice is not to give access to anyone on the main mixer (never do this or you’ll get in trouble, unless you use a digital mixer that has filtered, personal remote access over wifi, tablet or phone) but to tell her to get her own small private monitor mixer. Everybody will be happy, noone will mess up others people’s stuff, no arguments like “You changed my volume!!” “No I didn’t!!”

1 Like

Not what I wrote, but was thinking about an individual mixer close to the singer. :wink:

this might seem like an obvious solution and you might have already thought about that (i’ve only had the octatrack for a few weeks now) but I too was not loving the idea of having no actual dedicated knob for cue output so i basically use my headphone output instead and set the headphones output to be only 100% CUE signal… this way in studio mode i can still adjust the cue level of each track but then control the overall cue output that comes out just by using the headphones knob.

4 Likes

Yes, good workaround. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not a bad idea but I still can’t set the output level per bank. It would still be a manual process, i’m trying to find a way for her not to tweak her levels all the time.

I’m just thinking that maybe I don’t need studio mode… all I wan is route each track to the main an cue output have the levels set independently.

Thoughts?

Normal mode basically change mutes behavior and display, but it doesn’t change levels behavior.

Except that I have cue/main level controls on track 8 as main that I can program per bank,
Right??

Edit: actually no I need studio mode if I want to route the signal to both main and cue outputs