Octatrack + Launchpad + Nano Control

Simillar question different hardware…I own both the Korg nanokey studio and korg nano kontrol studio bluetooth controllers , I use them with an ipad. Could I use them to control the octatrack?

I was thinking of getting an audio card with midi out to control the octatrack via the ipad but if I could use some shirt of usb midi box to control it with out the ipad I would like it better.

I know these controllers can be used via usb with a computer, but I am not sure how this works and wether they do have some sort of midi via usb standard language

Regards
Javier

you would need a hub and have the Launchpads connected to the hub and the hub connected to the iconnect…

http://www.iconnectivity.com/images/products/iCA4plus/gallery_iCA4plus_rear.png

The Host connector on the back is for the hub and the two USB connectors are for computer and ipad connection.

The OT can be connected to the Midi In. As I have more than one DIN Device, I use a midi merger

to get this done…

regards
F.

So basically it Would work if I take a usb to midi adaptor and a midi merger to get both into the octatrack?

thanks!

1 or 2 usb2midi and a merger.
IConnect Midi4+ may be enough ?

how much are usb to midi adapters?
I guess you would have to pay 130 Euro for one Kenton USB Midi Host, that makes 260 in sum…
For that price you would almost get the audio 4+ from iconnect and could connect more than two devices to your OT and do a lot more with your midi data as with the usb to midi adapters…

I guess the midi 4+ would work as well… It has to be a 4+ as they are the only ones afaik that support hubs to connect a lot of devices…

regards
F.

1 Like

I saw a few products around 50-60€…
If the midi4+ is merger too, it’s more interesting.

1 Like

Usb to midi adapters :

http://compasflamenco.com/usb-host-midi-p-6.html?language=en&zenid=bmpmMKKV8z8SAi8aXAFhq1

1 Like

Thanks for the Options!

Really expensive :frowning:

I have a soundcard with midi/ in / Out

is it pussible to connect launchpad + nanokontrol to the computer and send the midi from soundcard to octatrack?

yes, I did that in the time I made music with the computer.
I routed the midi devices through ableton and assigned them.
Bit that should be possible as well without ableton with the help of some utility software…

1 Like

Perfect thats the way to go for me as I´m using ableton to record…

if you use it long enough i think the octatrack becomes pussible :wink:

As long as it is not pussy bubble…:no_mouth: