Octatrack + Launchpad + Nano Control

Hi,

my idea is to use a nanokontrol with the octatrack for pickup machines/volumes etc. and a launchpad/launchpad pro or maybe push to launch samples/slices. Is this possbile? And is it possible to coonect them both together with the OT?

Cheers

@Calc is the man to talk to about that one.

This is a great example of some things that are possible

this vid features launch control, not launchpad, but the same things could be achieved with launchpad pro, i believe…

2 Likes

btw don’t get excited about launching slices… it’s doable but not easy or intuitive, as documented pretty extensively here:

1 Like

Very easy with an Event Processor Plus. :wink:

For midi USB to midi DIN, the USB controller has to be MIDI CLASS COMPLIANT and you need a USB to MIDI Host like Kenton, or cheaper products…

1 Like

still some coding or back end work involved though, right?

You don’t just plug it in and it works.

How to control Octa tracks volume with nanokontrol?.. was asking the same…

Thanks so far! My dream scenario would be having a long sample chain on a track and be able to play these samples with a launchpad where i have them on the buttons for easy access.

would this be working? https://www.thomann.de/de/novation_launchpad_mini_mk2.htm

Or would I need a Lunachpad Pro because of Midi?

If it’s Usb only check if it is Midi Class Compliant.
Launchpad S, Control Xl are so.
Launchpad Pro will work for sure, already Midi Din compatible with a cable.

1 Like

from what i know of launchpads i’d recommend the pro.

it works standalone and the implementation of certain features is quite nice.

(also, the firmware is open source… kind of a nice move from novation. my guess is they weren’t allowed to implement certain things due to ableton’s push device, so they’ve left the community with the opportunity to change or update things where possible.)

1 Like

Yep. Pro is the best but size matters.
Check Behringer CMD products, and Faderfox too.

1 Like

Launchpad MK1 are really cheap to grab. Du they have Midi compatibility?

Always check MIDI CLASS COMPLIANT.
Mk1 is appently not MCC.

https://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/novation_launchpad_mk1

1 Like

Thanks for the Info! I will go for the MK2

I got the combo of NanoKontrol and Launchpad S now. What to I need to connect both to my OT? And How do I assign the mapping so that pads are triggering slices? Thanks!

I know that an Arduino Diy can accept 2 usb with a usb hub but otherwise you need 2 Usb to Host + one midi merger.

1 Like

take a look at the iconnect 4+ devices… you can connect an average usb hub to it and have more than one usb device control the OT… Not the cheapest anf sometimes cumbersome to configure… but once you have it working it is fine…

1 Like

Looks interesting. You can connect several Launchpads without computers ?

besides integrating the ipad via lightning connector, I use the iconnect audio 4+ to connect all my midi devices together and have a launchpad xl and a nanokey2 control my OT… So yes, this should work for you as well.
You can do all kinds of midi filtering and rerouting in the iconnect but it takes a while to get into.
You have to program the iconnect on the computer, but after loading the setup in the iconnect box it is independent from the computer.
Of course you need a power supply…

3 Likes

Maybe I missed something but I didn’t see usual Usb connectors. You need a hub and special Usb cable?

1 Like