Octatrack freezes and does not respond

Hi everyone,

I’ve many issues with the provided flash card.
I’m working on windows and I could not add any file. It was freezing on windows, then could not eject the device… Then, I formatted the card, hoping that it would solve the problem. Nothing…

I’m a bit anxious right now because, the octatrack does not respond at all.
I tried the “empty reset” option. It does not work more.

What should I do?

Thanks!

Sounds like a support ticket.

I used to have problems if I left my OT connected via USB to my computer - it froze after a while when not in disk mode - but I haven’t tested recently to see if that still happens.

Try disconnecting everything except power, and turn it on while holding FUNC to let it run its self test.

3 Likes

Also, the card itself might be faulty! If you have a spare lying around, try it out…

3 Likes

Hello, thanks for your reply!

Here’s the result :

DRAM : [ * ] SRAM : [ * ]
USB ULPI : [OK]
ATA : [OK]
RTC : [OK]
CODEC : [OK]
DSP: CO [OK] C1 [OK]
BATTERY : [OK]

I tried disconnected from every device (except the power), if I press a button, nothing happens.

1 Like

Haven’t there been issues in the past with card slot pins becoming bent? You might check that. Here’s a link to a similar problem in an old thread:

3 Likes

I do not see really well the circuit but maybe… Thanks!
I have to prepare a live for october. So, I hope to avoid the customer care…!

If the problem comes from the flash card, is this one a good choice?

For an OT you will be wanting a CF card, not an SD card! :slight_smile:

If your card is an Sd, for sure. :wink:
SanDisk Extreme Compact Flash is a good choice. I plan to buy a 64 GB one but you can buy a 16 or 32 GB.

@sezare56 ahahah, i’m dumb!

Here : https://www.amazon.fr/Mémoire-CompactFlash-SanDisk-Extreme-SDCFXSB-032G-G46/dp/B00NUB2Q9E/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1531169102&sr=8-15&keywords=sandisk+extreme+32+go

I think it’s good.

1 Like

I bought a new CF card. I’m really happy to announce : Problem solved!

4 Likes

Yeah!! :smiley: