Octatrack and my synth hard Ware, pleasant surprise?

Hi guys I hope you’re happy

I am looking for advice again

I am using the octatrack as a midi sequencer to a minitaur and an Ob6

When changing projects on the octatrack it always switches my Ob6 to programme 000 and the sound of my minitaur goes weird.
Regarding the minitaur I unplug, replug, and am back to physical dial settings

So considering it a glitch looked to the net and learned about midi cc for the first time?
Does this mean I can associate an Ob6 patch to load up automatically when changing project? Different sounds for different songs in my case?
With the minitaur, because the dials are few, can I just midi learn the dials, set the cc send to my taste to the minitaur and that will then be like saving minitaur presets to each project?

Thanks

It’s receiving a Prog Change with 0 (1) value apparently.
Did you enable Prog Change Send in MIDI > SYNC menu, or set Prog Change in Midi Note Setup ?

Program changes are usually used for presets recall but Elektron uses them for patterns recall (Sync Page)

I think so, if it doesn’t have presets with PC recall…

Hey thank you for the reply, yes I’m send on all three options across the top in the midi sync menu. If I disable the programme CH send, I expect that will stop the weirdness.
Will I still be able to take advantage of programme cc’s with this disabled?

Thank you so much

If you want to sync patterns with other Elektron gear, you need it, otherwise you can disable it.
PChange in Midi Note Setup is made for synth preset control, not sync.

I guess you can disable PC receive in OB6.
Choose the right midi channel if you want to use it later.

Control Changes and PCs are independent, no problem.

2 Likes

You are so helpful thank you

1 Like