OctaEdit v2 is now live on IndieGoGo!

Can I upgrade from the “Samples“, “Manager” or “Samples & Manager” versions to the full version of OctaEdit?

Yes. Available upgrade paths will be:

• Samples -> Samples and Manager
  • Manager -> Samples and Manager
  • Samples -> Full Version
  • Manager -> Full Version
  • Samples and Manager -> Full Version
4 Likes

555-OctaEdit

3 Likes

Saw this. I’ll upgrade when it’s launched. Thanks.

2 Likes

Not sure how to answer that?

The Manager Module exists for a specific piece of functionality; namely to copy “Elements” and/or Samples from a Source Set/Project to a Target Set/Project; including the ability to remap sample assignments on the fly.

Or do you want to know what can’t you do with Manager that you can only do with the Project / Library modules?

Project will allow you to Modify Project settings, copy/paste/save/load any Project Element, Create Project, Clone Project, Rename Project, Backup to Archive, Restore from Archive,

Library will give you all the copy/paste, save/load, management of all the “Elements” which is basically anything and everything you could think of in OctaEdit / the Octatrack.

But the Project and Libray modules are only in the full version as well; because they integrate so heavily with the other modules like Samples, Sequencer, Arranger, Arp Designer and LFO Designer.

Does that help?

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check that awaken, and after work :wink: . :coffee:

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Personal conversation removed

Supported with Pre-Order, would love access to current version, but I’m also patient…

I’ll do it for french Audiofanzine, next week.

1 Like

Yeah Elektron aren’t interested in an editor for Octatrack.
It was developed years ago way before OB
Don’t see how they should be expected to support it :thinking:

1 Like

Incredible work @Rusty is the full version of Octaedit essentially also like a software version of the OT, forgive me if I’m wrong but with the sequencer, arranger and so on does this mean I can make a whole project on my laptop, listen to it tweak it then save to CF card then load it into my OT? If so what kind of witchcraft is this?

Definitely going to back this either way.

“You’ve done a mans job sir!”

1 Like

Not quite… OctaEdit doesn’t have playback in the Sequencer; as I’d never be able to exactly emulate the Octatrack’s playback machines and FX etc. So apart from the listening to it; more or less. If I was to do that; I’ve then developed a full blown Octatrack emulator and editor and librarian and a whole lot more…

My energy is better spent on devloping hardware; and of course you’ll back that IndieGoGo as well won’t you :wink:

\o/

Thats a good thing, no?

5 Likes

Backed, man! I’m impressed with what you’ve created and I wish you the best with this software! You’ve certainly earned it!

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation - backed!

Hardware? Intruiging :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Is there a newsletter I can subscribe to, so I get a notif, once 1.2 is available?

1 Like

\o/

You’ll like it :wink:

Just need more funds and time… no surprise there.

Couple of options there…

Or pm your email; and I can add you to a mailing list?

1 Like

For every commercial organization spaning from automotive to music hardware companies the definition of “Quality” is nothing more and nothing less than a process focusing entirely on satisfying the needs and expectations of their customers with regular consistency. Fortunately for Elektron the ISO directives did not reach the music industry (yet), otherwise they would have to support it or they would have a hard time justifying their lack of efforts made regarding continous improvement of their existing product line - a major non conformity that will negatively impact on consumers, if left uncorrected will be prosecuted by de-certification (that’s pretty much unhideable [streak-breaker] and is like eternal humiliation in the biz for the company).

More or less I don’t care if they are interested or not, but if they want me to buy from them in the future they will support it because it’s my need and expectation as their customer, the true quality of every product can be evaluated only once the product COMPLETES it’s own shelf lifetime, so in reality the true QC / QA for the product begins AFTER leaving the factory, everything before that is QC / QA of the manufacturing process - two different worlds apart.

I perceive Rusty’s project as an improvement to the overall quality of the Octatrack - and as an excellent opportunity for improvement for Elektron if ofc they are willing to abide to a real quality standard ( they don’t have to though since this whole industry is rather silly than serious to begin with if you look on that gloriously epic marketing cake they try to feed us with )

-Yes, I’m a cheeky smartass, I know.
-Yes, I do this for livin, didn’t need to google that.
-Yes, this post is legitimately bs content free.
-No, the cake is still a lie.

Now my fingers hurt from typing all these mildly overdrawn random words of unreasonable wisdom on a mobile device, no worries chaps tho, I’m a wee though guy that pours mercury to his cereal for breakfast.

1 Like

Will version 1 be available if the campaign doesn’t reach 25.000?

Probably I guess. I’ll need to review everything after the campaign finishes…

Why is this good?
I have not tried it yet.
Is sample management as easy as a sequencer?