Novation Circuit sequencing Analog Four

Hello

Excuse my nooby question, but i am quite new to Elektron family.

I’ve try to connect my A4 as a slave with my Novation Circuit as a master to play midi (from Chanel 1 or 2 on Circuit) and use Circuit as a sequencer. Is It possible???
Please if anyone can help me how can i do it? I’ve been reading manual and go thru all this Midi setting but nothing seems to make A4 or AR respond.

My connection at the moment looks as below

1. Midi Out from Circuit to Midi In A4
  2. Midi Config A4
  • USB - Midi Only (System)
  • clock, transport, prog Chanel receive (Midi config - Midi sync)
  • input from Midi, receive notes, receive cc/nrpn (Midi port config)
  • program channel in AUTO, Auto channel 1 (Midi Chanels)

Cuircuit and midi cable seems to work “ok” and send clock, transport when connected to my Korg Electribe 2
I cant have any respond from my A4 and AR
Are my settings wrong?
Please help

I don’t understand what you mean by this. Which setting on the Analog Four are you describing here?

Hey Peter thanks for your interest
by:
2) Midi Config A4 - USB - Midi Only (System)
i understand
A4 menu (function+global)
1)System Submenu
2)USB Configuration
3USB-MIDI only option tick

Thanks

Your Analog Four settings seem OK to me. Unfortunately I know nothing about the Circuit.

Thanks Peter,
I hope - i will find the answer soon, as it takes way to long to sync this devices together

On Circuit you do have some basic midi settings to consider. Page 61 of the manual, you need to set Midi TRX to on. Try checking those settings.

This setting:
Midi Config A4 - USB - Midi Only (System)
You are not connected via USB right?

Hi Cosmic,
My setting on the Circus are as follow:
MIDI Rx and MIDITx are ON and Internal clock is ON
regarding your second question
Iam not connecting via USB but A4 give me alternative - “Overbridge Mode or USB - Midi Only”
When i am synchronizing A4 with Electribe 2 everything works correctly
when i am synchronizing Electribe 2 and Circus everything works correctly
but
when i am trying to synchronize A4 with Circus looks like there is no connection

Ji waki
I canmot think of anything else, it does se to be a4 setting issue. Does a4 receive clock from your electribe?

thanks Cosmic,
yes A4 and AR receive and send the clock to Electribe
as
Electribe receive and send the clock to Circuit
no connection between
A4 / AR and Circuit

life is strange …

Hi waki
Maybe try a different midi cable, otherwise im out of ideas. I have a4 and circuit but my circuit is not with me for a few weeks so cannot check it.

Thanks Cosmic,
This idea coming to my head since yesterday, that maybe MIDI cable causing this problem, but on the other hand why synchronisation between Electribe and Circuit works as charm, same as A4 / AR Electribe (both on same cable)???
I will buy new cable tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Waki are you using the blue midi adapter cable that came with the circuit?

Yes, I use this blue cable adapter

If you do not find a solution soon you could try the circuit owners facebook group. Novation monitor the group and lots of people there to help.

Thanks Cosmic,
Yes, it will be probably my next step after trying out new cable tomorrow.
Nothing is easy as it looks…

If you find a solution would be great to hear back

I’ll be back ; )

1 Like

[Moderator’s note: because of the amount of discussion so far, I moved @waki’s question out of the main Topic on the Novation Circuit to make this new Topic.]

1 Like

I bought new MIDI cable today. Both machines (A4 and Circuit) works together as a charm. That was something what i really can not explain - especially i menage to synchronise A4 and Electribe 2 using previous Midi cable without any problems. Looks like it wasn’t enough to make connection with the Circuit. Thanks - Cosmic and Peter Hanes - for yours suggestions - now is time to make some music!

3 Likes