Noob Sound pool Question

Hi!
I just got my first Elektron gear (Rytm MK 1). Takes a while to learn but instant and growing love. Anyway, one thing I can’t seem to figure out.

I downloaded the New Blood sound pack and love many of the sounds it has in the demo patterns/kits. Therefore I’m trying to backtrack how they’re made. I’m I right to think they are tweaked versions of the synth sounds added in the 1.30 update?

When selecting the tracks, all of them are called “sound 1”, “sound 6” etc. But I can’t figure out where they are a) stored or b) from which of the sound pool or sound +drive sounds they are made (does it say anywhere if this is what the sounds are?)

Am I making sense?

yep - but start with the pattern kit sound +drive interaction - well documented here

e.g. for A4 (same principle)

Great clarification – thanks!

A few things still lingering:

1. So the sounds that I like in the New Blood kits (with names like “sound 4” etc) aren’t necessarily saved anywhere? I thought they would be in the sound pool. But rather specifically made for the active kit, and that’s the only place they are to be found?

2. I take it then, that there isn’t either any good way of backtracking how the sounds were made? Or maybe double-tapping synth to open the engine will show what engine is currently actice (and were used for the sound), and then simply exploring what effects etc were used on top of that.

Thanks!

1 - Possibly - other than auditioning the sounds or working with names as a clue there is no need for there to be a lineage from a kit sound to anywhere - but there may be- in any case you can start from a newly loaded kit and save the sounds or rename them etc etc

2 - there’s no evidence save for the settings you can see in the respective pages - hold a page button down for all values and see the machine as you describe

Those sounds may well exist in the bundle, but without looking I wouldn’t know and the important point is that there isn’t necessarily a link - a Kit sound is 100% divorced from its origins but you’ll not be in any better a position than if you just save sounds out of the kit and re-name to taste - it’s just possible that there is a duplicate hiding somewhere

Got it! Very helpful. Thanks a lot for taking the time.

1 Like