Noise after update

I just updated my analog four to 1.22 via USB using C6 and now when I turn my A4 on it emits a really loud high pitch ring at all times, It doesn’t matter if I mute all of the tracks it still producing this noise making it completely unusable…I’ve tried updating it twice and both times the update went smoothly but with the same result.

Any suggestions?

I get a a zap like sound when turning the unit on or off but it goes away. Somedays it comes back while using OB but it’s a random thing for me.

The new update has many new awesome features but it also introduced not so awesome little bugs here and there as well.

disconnect your computer from the A4

Make sure you update the OB OS also, I did the same thing and got that high pitched ring at first. After the OB OS update it was gone.

I have the same issue. I’ve updated both the A4 and Overbridge. I’ve tried various combinations of restarting both machines and resinstalling the updates. I’ve even tried going back to a previous version of Overbridge.

This really harsh constant high-pitched complex sound begins as soon as I enable Overbridge mode on the A4.

It stops if I reboot my laptop but starts again at some point when Windows (7) is loading up, presumably the point where the Overbridge audio driver is loaded in the start-up sequence.

Interestingly, the sound becomes quieter and more like a simple high pitched oscillator hard-panned to one side if I disable one of the outputs on the laptop’s Overbridge configuration screen.

I have all the inputs from the A4 to the laptop disabled and none of the voices have an external input as their osc source, yet somehow it sounds like some feedback loop is created.

I’m hoping the bug is rectified soon as I can’t use Overbridge at all at the moment.

Hey @Matthewsavant

Were you able to resolve this issue? I get the feeling that we had the same problem.

Thanks.

Same problem here with Overbridge in Live 9.6 - on a Mac / El Capitan.

I had this same issue, but I resolved it by moving my USB audio interface to a different USB hub. Something about it being plugged into the same one as the A4/AR caused that high pitched ringing.

I haven’t tried recording yet but I get the same pitch while I have my a4 hooked up via USB. The only kind of fix I have found is to not have my signals as hot. But I will update my overbridge tomorrow and see if that helps.