New to rhythm

i have a rythm mk1 and i want to know how can i uplaod samples using c6 i’m using high sierra

Sometimes you need c6 for things. But I’d just grab a copy of SDS Drop. Should be pretty self explanatory from there to get started. I’ve personally got the best mileage out of uploading samples with SDS drop and then saving them as Sounds (check the rhythm manual). Then they’re tagged and easy to find and audition.

4 Likes

+1 for SDS drop. I never use c6

2 Likes

SDS Drop adds some advantages.

But (apart from speed) C6 also works fine. Described in the manual.

5 Likes

ok where can i find update 1.30 at please i looked on elektrons website and i only see things for mk2 versions

Here you go :slight_smile:

hi does anyone know how to send syses file to analog rhythm

Yes. Use C6.

The enclosed documentation explains it better and faster than I could.

3 Likes

Yep. Its a little alarming. I notice they advise not using it in ambient temperatures higher than 30C. I usually keep the aircon going through summer - but even so - 30C is not that hot in the Australian summer.

I’ll see if I can help clarify the situation… :slight_smile:

The main track amp vol controls that tracks amplitude and also the reverb and delay sends, as does the track level but I think adjusting it on amp vol affects sound design more, it interacts with the overdrive and probably other things…

The amp page on the fx track is the compressor. The volume there affects the volume of the tracks sent to the rytm mains, even if the mix is set to dry. If delay and reverb are set to pre, they will be routed through the compressor so this volume will affect them, if sent to post they are returned after the compressor so the compressor vol has no effect. With either setting the fx track level will control the volume of both the delay and reverb together…

There’s a lot going on with gain on the Rytm but it’s highly controllable for sound design if you need it, or you just tweak until it sounds good and forget about it… :wink:

guys i just want to know how to send the actual sysex firmware file to rhythm thanks

The OS upgrade section is on page 56 of the manual. You keep asking that question when someone already answered here and you haven’t even read the manual, interesting concept. And if I am to point everything out, I did figure this out by myself when I needed it, so did at least 3 other Elektron owners before me that I personally know of, including one that doesn’t know how to Windows Update… #justsayin

I’m sorry but your confusion is confusing me now… :wink:

The fx button gets you to an fx track for plocking, and also changes all the edit pages to delay/reverb/dist/comp/fx lfo, which is the entire fx section and the things you can plock on that track…

Amp page is for drum voice tracks, when fx button is pushed it becomes the controls for the compressor.
The pages are not directly related between what ever voice track your on and the fx track…

The delay and reverb parameters on the amp page for a drum voice are the send levels for that voice.
The volume of the delay and reverb is set on their corresponding pages on the fx track, and the level knob adjusts the entire return level of both delay and reverb, so if you had reverb level at 50 and delay at 75, you could use the level knob to raise or lower the volume of both while maintaining the 25 unit difference between them.

There’s probably more but I think that’s enough to chew on for a moment… :smile:

hi where can i download manual

:slight_smile:

@Jnyc, here’s your manual link :arrow_up:

1 Like

I think @Jnyc was just looking for the manual for himself, but if it helped that’s great!

All of the drum voices that are routed to main go through the distortion circuit and compressor, and the delay and reverb will too if set to pre…
If you use the individual outs(analog or OB) they are tapped before the distortion and compresor… :slight_smile:

guys where can i download the user manual from thanks

Scroll up

2 Likes