New Elektron Box 2016

You’re being watched for sure now!

This is exactly what I have in the Qu-Pac.
And it has been so liberating to just push 2 buttons (record arm/play) when I am ready to record.
I’ve never been so productive with hardware as I have been when it’s all hooked up to the Qu-Pac.

It’s exactly what I wanted in my Metric Halo setup (2x 2882s, 1x ULN-2) 10 years ago. A bunch of DSP power, and no need for a computer.

3 Likes

I bet the elektron boxes are out of stock because their assembly line is busy building the new gizmos instead of feeding the current lineup

Can’t be long now, 909 is less than a day away

2 Likes

I’m kind of in the market for a mixer. If Elektron has some kind of performance mixers on the horizon then I’ll snatched it up, if not then I’ll go for a Allen and Heath Qupac. My dream mixer would be something with 16 analog inputs plus 2 USB inputs to accommodate all my Elektrons. :content:

1 Like

I should check this out. I know you’ve mentioned it before. Perhaps what I’m looking for, has been right there all the time.

I had a Yamaha MT8X back in the days. Loved it. Would like to love the recording process again. Now, I just think it’s a chore, since in comparison to how other aspects of electronic music has evolved, it’s just a version of what engineers came up with 15-20 years ago, in a haunted PC somewhere.

Volca Recorder, Boutique Mastering, Elektron Tape - I’ll pay. I promise, I’ll pay.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Finally, the perfect mixer? [Allen & Heath QuPac]

Truth is Elektron is waiting for a bunch of modern dancers from Berlin to arrive at the same time as a new smoke and light machine. All of which need an abandoned hydro electric warehouse and two day production crew.

Not to mention they just added an Edward Snowden inspired subplot with a Seal Team 6 helicopter scene. I’m pretty sure they are actually going to drop the dancers through the smashed glass ceiling from the chopper, doing that rope acrobat thing as a flashbang lights the dust they stir up on the cement floors.

I might do that as well.

Tomorrow is the big day you read it here first folks.

2 Likes

Insanity is to do the same thing and expect different results. It will NOT be revealed tomorrow

1 Like

Welp NI has shown their hand. We’ll see what Roland has tomorrow. Hope we’ll see what Elektron has in the next couple weeks!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Finally, the perfect mixer? [Allen & Heath QuPac]

Hope-o-meter is off the charts

1 Like

Yes. Cosmic’s optimism. Feels like Friday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Apparently they ll make shoes with reebok :slight_smile: video is online!! New teaser!

1 Like
2 Likes

Cosmics optimism has surpassed the oncoming weekend for my favorite thing about fridays

2 Likes

I am with you till the end of days on this one.

I’ve been a lurker on these forums for what seems like forever… with only a handful of posts… but I gotta say - I’ve reached the point of no return on this thread… been following for so long it’s actually pointless to stop now… just gotta keep on going…

keep on going…

keep on going…

It’s become part of my daily routine…

ahhhhhhh - god help me…

3 Likes

Let it soak into your soul, make it parallel your hopes/dreams, make your dreams/hopes parallel this thread. Let all eagerness and anticipation slowly wither into an addictive apathy. And then: contentment.

Elektron have revamped Buddhism

1 Like