New Elektron Box 2016

Maybe they show up with a unfinished product at NAMM. However, i’d like to have a sneak preview :slight_smile:

I think the next one is going to be a boat with p-lockable sails.

2 Likes

An unabashedly digital synth, like the Monomachine, but with all of the modern conveniences, please! That would make me sell a kidney to buy one.

Or a sex robot would also be ok.

I hope they have reverse engineered Dataline and made an AI version of him that can program my Elektrons while I go grab a new beer. Two robot hands working lightning fast with a small inbuilt speaker saying stuff like “As you can see, with parameter locks, the possibilities are endless”, etc.

10 Likes

That was not what I had in mind for a sex robot, but I suppose each one his own taste…
:tongue:

4 Likes

Maybe this one?

I also use it. Works great.

All of these are nice ideas and yes, for me the MX-1 is a formidable sound sculpting ally… But it’s not forMIDIble enough. If Elektron were to release something akin to the MX-1 as so many have mentioned then it needs to stand apart from its competition then equip it with semi-modular possibilities.

If the MX-1 had that then the whole of my hard earned set up would be find common ground in that joyous rapture known as laughter of the side stitching, belly aching type that everybody enjoys. Atm half of my set up is sad because it’s without a midi dispatch box. If the MX-1 had been as capable as the Minibrute modular-wise then the boxes I know and love would be sitting in their place with the Cheshire Cat disposition.

Although modular is a beast unto itself, forays into this area ‘could’ and ‘would’ without ‘should’ve’ would see a proposed machines smile start at forever and end at eternity in my humble opinion.

Is this a good idea? Opposition welcome :slight_smile:to this basic user open

1 Like

Or a dataline brain plugin. Just plug it into your head and instant mastery.

1 Like

In thinking more about a MnM update, I think it would be cool to include a built in theramin with options for proximity-based LFO modulation on the right side of the machine. A keyboard version could include the updated joystick as an alternative. Not that I’m opposed to eating cereal & milk together.

Expansive sampling capabilities and a pad matrix would also shoot such a machine ahead of the new DSI/Pioneer sampler.

it’s a shoe box.

elektron clothing line increases

I think it would be cool to include a built in theramin with options for proximity-based LFO modulation on the right side of the machine

sounds like you want a D-Beam ala Roland Groovebox :joy:

2 Likes

And mapmap beat me to the D Beam comment.

1 Like

Nice. Elektron thinking went into Teenage Engineering. So now it can be the other way around.

#lyfestylee

*shrug, sure. Why not? It’s not likely that Elektron would mess with the royalty issues of utilizing a D-beam, but is there something inherently wrong with using a D-beam type device?

D-beam makes holes in the roof.
Plus it’s bad taste alien technology, hardly working on humans.

It is, basically, a joke that spreads to the whole host.

:tongue:

4 Likes

“Bad taste”? Why? Did Creed use it or something?

1 Like

Heard a rumor that Elektron might buy Dropbox.
This will clear the path for a box specifically for drops,

9 Likes

Given the diversity of requests here, a lot of you need to bite the bullet and just get into eurorack.

4 Likes

So back when the MD and MM price drop was announced, Elektron clearly stated that no successors were planned. Think this is true?

I believe that this means that they will not be making Mk 3 versions of the MM and MD. I 100 % believe that.

That is not to say that they will never make another digital drum machine or digital synth. If they do either of those, I expect that they would be new designs even if they incorporate sequencer functions, synth machines, or Overbridge capabilities that are based on the technologies in their current instruments.