New Elektron Box 2016

thomas has the same laws for everyone … those fuckers! … if u ever have trouble with thomann 2nd hand warranty, get a note from the seller who says he will transfer the warranty to you … OR threaten them with the law, and tell them their terms do not apply and are in violation with the law. … warranty is on the product and not on the buyer (in my head at least)

ok, back-to-school week is upon us. Maybe something new this week, hmm?

Have you guys checked Synthtopia already?

The Synthtopia post from 5 July? Yes. GOTO post 533.

I check synthtopia and this thread far too many times daily hoping for more news on the elektron box. I gotta try and ‘forget it’ for a while…

1 Like

is it out yet?

1 Like

i guess we all know what this will be:

a small 2/3 channel mixer with integrated effects, including an usb-audiointerface for overbridge.
with this elektron could serve new users in the “mass”-market.

mr. elektron…open this box!:smile_cat:

They did announce it would be useful in the studio. We mostly use audio interfaces in the studio, not much mixer action necessary.

But I heard at 2000 posts Cenk will chime in with a one liner =)

Where’d you hear that?

Elektron’s groundbreaking new machine is here.

1 Like

It doesn’t relate to:

1. The teaser
  2. Them expanding their demographic

Step-sequencer, analog filters, DSP resonators, effects… all in a compact black box

I get it(I don’t really) but there seems to be a hint that it’ll be something aimed in conjunction with non-electronic instruments

I somehow feel this thread is losing momentum…

I still keep coming back to the recently discontinued hardware. I don’t see why they’d discontinue hardware that was still selling unless there was something new coming up…

Maybe there are TWO new boxes coming out and they decided to hold back and push both out together? Maybe the first was something practical (interface/mixer) that they decided it was kind of an anti-climax and now they’re working on blowing minds with a mega reveal? Or maybe they’re just boozing on holiday like suggested at previously and we’re all becoming a little delirious plucking at thin air…

I’m starting to wonder if Elektron maybe had a bunch of puzzling teaser videos planned, and realised after this thread and a nice long summer vacation: “Whoa. Those ten videos we made, especially the one with the rain on a window for a minute’s worth, you know, I don’t think they’re gonna work.”
And Simon says: “How about the one with the light bulb upside down?” And Jon goes: “No, sorry Simon, I don’t think so.”
And Cenk goes: “But can’t we at least keep the one with the couch carried into an elevator?” And Jon goes: “No, sorry Cenk. I know we all liked that one, what with the developers actually sitting in the couch while it’s carried and all, but no, I don’t think that’s what the people want anymore.”
And Jimmy goes: “Please tell me you won’t lose the one with the ice cream on top of the pancakes.” And Jon goes: “You know, I don’t ever recall making that one. But I know - how about we just film the instrument and tell everybody what it is and roughly when it will be launched.”
And everybody goes: “Dude, that’s bleedin’ awesome, that’s why you’re in marketing and we’re not.”

12 Likes

Well, to ease the wait… Seems like the next OP-1 firmware was first said to be out in August 2014. Still waiting :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If I was in marketing for Elektron I may wait until the Beringer DeepMind12 stuff is done or get lost noise!

I suspect the holdup is caused by them hiring David Lynch to do a Hector teaser that now is growing into a multi season netflix show.

16 Likes

Or LFO 2? Kinda liked the movie, although the portrayal of elektron users being old-ass weirdo sociopaths feels a bit racist in hindsight

2 Likes